Author Topic: Musicbee's automatically exported iTunes Library xml is missing tracks  (Read 1487 times)

brndnr

Musicbee is the best, this has been my only issue to date :( I use my exported iTunes to bring into Pioneer Rekordbox, which has been working fine until recently. The main issue is that the iTunes xml created by Musicbee is missing tunes that exist in my Musicbee library and playlists. For the missing tunes, they play fine in Musicbee, look as they're supposed to and when I locate them in Windows explorer, it points to the correct file. When I manually export a playlist and bring it into Rekordbox or iTunes, the playlist is without error. But when I bring across the whole library, the playlist has the same number of tracks as the original playlist but the last (let's say) 10 tracks of the playlist are the same random song.

An example would be: Musicbee, Playlist 1, 65 tracks, last 10 tracks no issue. Rekordbox, Playlist 1, last 10 tracks are all Darude - Sandstorm.

Interestingly, when I look at the itunes xml, the first tune (key 1) of the library is ALWAYS the tune that is repeating in error (eg. Darude). Hoping this might help narrow the issue? The track that should be there, however, is not in the xml anywhere.

Thanks for your help!!!

alec.tron

Heya,
I'm unsing MB & its' itunes xml in a similar way...
The only thing I can think of is that some of your tracks only exists in playlists, but haven't been added to your MB library. I recently came across miss-matching playlists in the MB exported iTunes xml in SDJ as well, and the reason was the above. I have not seen double ups/multiples of the same track... so that might as well hint at another problem.
Good luck! And would be great if you could post if/when you find the reason for this! Always good to share experiences/knowledge.
c.

brndnr

EDIT

Hi Alec,

Thanks for your reply, haven't been able to get on top of this until now unfortunately. Looked into your issue and it fixed the problem! I guess I had a little too much confidence in my playlists and auto-organisation, but certain songs in my playlists weren't in the music library. Will be moving tracks into an organised folder and the library twice from the Inbox now. Took me a while to come to this conclusion, as I could find the missing tracks in MusicBeeLibrary.mbl and similar, but it was indeed the problem.

Thanks for your help!
Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 11:48:35 AM by brndnr