Author Topic: Music then nothing  (Read 2277 times)

Mikelap

This has been going on for a few days now  ,music is playing then  stutters a second then stops .To make it work again i have to restart Musicbee .This happens often with the latest version of Musicbee and also with the previous version .Using Windows 10 .Checked error log nothing shows up . UPDATE = This behaviour is also happening with FOOBAR would this be a driver problem ????????? UPDATE = Reinstalled Dac drivers(ASIO)  same issues .Looks like this problem occurs when i go on the net stutter then music stops                  http://www.mediafire.com/file/vb99fx09q4flr9j/Capture.PNG                                           
Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:06:13 PM by Mikelap
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you tried increasing the buffer? Preferences > Player > audio player > increase buffer...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Mikelap

Yes i tried the buffer and same thing happens everytime i go on the net there's a bit of stutter then music cuts never had this issue before this is very recent .Could it be a Windows 10 thing???? Thank you .
PC Windows 10>Musicbee>Quad 405>Burson Conductor >Pioneer SX750>Woo Audio22>FLUXION AV-7 S.E.T. Speaker amp>FU32+6N2 AMP.>Asus Essence STX>CmoyBB>Sennheiser HD800S >Grado RS2E>DENON LA-D5000 LITE >DENON AHD-1001,Kef 104,Klipsch KG 5.5

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
everytime i go on the net there's a bit of stutter then music cuts

What did you mean by that? Every time you go on the internet this happens? Like, everything is fine and then you go online and then it stutters and cuts out?

Assuming this is correct, are you setting MB to WASAPI or ASIO? If so, does this happen when MB is set to DirectSound? In short, I suspect you are using an exclusive mode and then trying to play other audio (like from YouTube) on the same audio device MB is using. That could indeed cause this problem.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Mikelap

I own 2 dacs one uses ASIO the other WASAPI for example a few minutes ago i was using ASIO  i open Google Chrome i hear a tic tic tic tic and then music stops i have to restart Musicbee to restart music this is just opening google i am not going on YOUTUBE .Now after that i used WASAPI i open Google i hear a tic  sometimes  but the music continues no problem .I am using  load entire file to memory setting that doesnt help . i also used this setting unticked and its ok also but from time to time problem comes back .                                                                   

Now using ASIO i tried same scenario again this time no problems at all so i dont get it looks like its a intermitent problem cause by what maybe you can tell me .Thank you 

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
It sounds like this issue is isolated to your computer. I would see if your DACs have driver updates available, and if not I would uninstall and disconnect one DAC and see if maybe a driver conflict between the two is causing the problem. You'll need to reboot after uninstalling.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

Mikelap

Thanks .By the way this behaviour is very recent never had problems of this nature before with Musicbee i always suspected windows updates screw things up i reinstalled both drivers last week .The ASIO driver is only a few months old and the WASAPI around 1 1/2 year old . i only power on one dac at a time 1 unplugged one dac will see if this helps .Thanks again

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Win10 updates are notorious for causing driver issues. But, you may need to do a lot of things to finally resolve this issue. The main thing is to try something different, I see many people make no changes to a system and then lament that they keep having the same problem. Make a change, thoroughly test, and try something new if needed.