Author Topic: How do I Import all my tunes and playlists from iTunes  (Read 16900 times)

Nisko

I'd like MusicBee to have the same playlists as I now have on iTunes.  These playlists encompass all the tunes in my iTunes Library.  Thank you.

redwing

You could export those playlists to m3u format using iTunes and then import them using MusicBee.

Nisko

I did this and my tunes came over to MusicBee.  However, when I try to play a tune, MusicBee tells me it can't find the file.

frankz

Why not?

What's the reported path of the files in musicbee vs their actual locations?

Nisko

Actual Path on my PC:  D:/DATA (data drive)/DATA/iPod Tunes Normalized by MP3Gain

Reported as per MusicBee: Need help finding it.  MusicBee is new to me and there are many options which I have to get used to.  I'd like to wipe everything out of MusicBee and start fresh.  Hope there's a way to Import all my tunes and the Playlists with them in one shot - just as they are in iTunes. Is that possible?

frankz

The way to import your iTunes Library is described in the link I provided above. 

It works.  I did it (and it wasn't even technically an iTunes library, it was a MediaMonkey library exported in iTunes format).  If it's not working for you, you're doing something wrong.  Without knowing what you're doing (saying "I did this" isn't describing the steps you took or the options you selected), no one can tell what you're doing wrong.  Make sure the XML of your iTunes library is current.  I don't know if iTunes does this automatically. 

You need to describe what you did, what happened, and what's happening now in some detail for anyone to be able to follow along and offer help.  Saying "I did it" and "It didn't work" doesn't give much to go on.

To start a new MusicBee library (wipe everything and start fresh), click "File->Library->Create New Library"