Author Topic: Artist name wrong in the library  (Read 3769 times)

stardepp

As you can see on the screenshot, Lexy & K. Paul is being misinformed in the artist library. Therefore, the artist library and how often the artist was played are not displayed.
How can you fix this error? At Last.FM the band is written like this: "Lexy & K. Paul"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9ORseKzkzUcdkVtbGw2Ymp0T0E
Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 05:48:35 PM by stardepp

Steven

• Administrator
not sure why you think this is a bug or what you think musicbee is supposed to do

stardepp

This happens with every artist, which is written with "&", it is falsely replaced by "and". Another example: "Scala & Kolacny Brothers" is the correct spelling, but is displayed in the library "Scala and Kolacny Brothers".

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This will be from your file tags, not MusicBee.  If you're tagging with MusicBee, it's still coming from the tag source, not MusicBee.  Try a different source.  Or do a search and replace to fix it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

stardepp

I already did that. "Lexy & K. Paul" and "Scala & Kolacny Brothers" are the right spellings of these bands, according to Last.Fm, Wikipedia and Musicbrainz.
So I tagged those bands right.

redwing

Where are they displayed wrong? Is your screenshot showing main player bar track text?

redwing

That must be hardcoded. BTW this has nothing to do with functionality, just you think & should be used, correct?

redwing

I'm not using last.fm. Does this affect its scrobbling feature or just a simple display bug?

redwing

how often the artist was played are not displayed.

But it can't retrieve artist play count from last.fm because of that?

stardepp

redwing

That doesn't affect MB's functionality for that (File> Library> Show Library Statistics> Most Played Artist).
But I have no idea about last.fm.

stardepp

Is there no way to fix the error with the "ß"? I have some artists with "ß". That will also bother other users of MusicBee?