Author Topic: Skinning Requests for 3.2  (Read 49702 times)

Alumni

Steven

• Administrator
Is there an override for the lyrics panel?
no - just lyrics and not the other child panels such as bio, track info? If its all of those sub-panels then use:
Panel.ChildBody.Default
Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:17:38 PM by Steven

Alumni

Is there an override for the lyrics panel?
no - just lyrics and not the other child panels such as bio, track info? If its all of those sub-panels then use:
Panel.ChildBody.Default

Problem is I can't change Panel.ChildBody.Default without it also affecting elements in other places, like the devices node.

Steven

• Administrator
For the next v3.2 update, I have added the following that when supplied overrides: Lyrics; Artist Biography and TrackInfo panels
Code
ElementPanel.Default
ElementPanel.ScrollBarThumb
ElementPanel.ScrollBarBackground
ElementPanel.ScrollBar
ElementPanel.ScrollBar.Lowlight

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:16:13 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
I have come to like the player auto-colouring quite a bit and one thing I am thinking of doing is making auto-colour of the player panel turned on by default. Of course it would only be applied with standard skins or custom skins that state its supported.
However I am wondering how skin authors might feel about that as it could be interpreted as overriding your skin by default so not fully respecting your work.
If anyone objects (send me a PM if you wish) I can do this by adding another skin setting that allows you to specify auto-colour as the default.

redwing

I have come to like the player auto-colouring quite a bit and one thing I am thinking of doing is making auto-colour of the player panel turned on by default. Of course it would only be applied with standard skins or custom skins that state its supported.
However I am wondering how skin authors might feel about that as it could be interpreted as overriding your skin by default so not fully respecting your work.
If anyone objects (send me a PM if you wish) I can do this by adding another skin setting that allows you to specify auto-colour as the default.

How about offering a setting that disables auto-coloring as the default that works for standard skins as well?
If a skin is with a specific non-neutral color theme, the auto-color option may not make it look better. For instance, my Bee Latte skin uses the standard player bar but I don't like to have auto-coloring option applied to it by default.
Then skin authors could decide whether to support the auto-coloring feature for custom skins and whether to apply it by default for any kind of skins. Without such settings, the option will be enabled by default (for supported skins) as you planned.

Alumni

For the next v3.2 update, I have added the following that when supplied overrides: Lyrics; Artist Biography and TrackInfo panels
Code
ElementPanel.Default
ElementPanel.ScrollBarThumb
ElementPanel.ScrollBarBackground
ElementPanel.ScrollBar
ElementPanel.ScrollBar.Lowlight

Thanks, that will help. I just tested this with 3.2.6731 and I'm not seeing any changes with these elements in the right sidebar (I double checked the code, looks OK).

Either suggestion sounds fine to me. I would take it a step further and also enable album cover in player controls by default.

Steven

• Administrator
@Alumni, the new overrides are there now

I have changed the behavior so on the very first initialisation, MB will default to auto-colours - it should be fine as MusicBee3 is the default skin. You can now explictly disable auto-colouring for your standard skin using
Code
<element id="PlayerAutoColor">false</element>

redwing

Somehow I thought you're referring to when switching to another skin rather than when installing MB first time.
I don't know why I thought so, but it wouldn't make much sense.
Anyway I'm not gonna disable the feature for any of my standard skins, but hope another skinner may find the setting useful.

Steven

• Administrator
Somehow I thought you're referring to when switching to another skin rather than when installing MB first time.
I don't know why I thought so, but it wouldn't make much sense.
Anyway I'm not gonna disable the feature for any of my standard skins, but hope another skinner may find the setting useful.
i was originally but changed my mind and left that setting in case someone found it useful

redwing

When auto color pick option is enabled with Pastels skins, track info scroll overlaps with track duration. If that option is off, it works fine.

Steven

• Administrator
When auto color pick option is enabled with Pastels skins, track info scroll overlaps with track duration. If that option is off, it works fine.
i can reproduce this for the pastel skins and its fixed for the next update

redwing

With some album covers, track selector in album covers view is almost illegible when auto-pick color option is enabled.

https://i.imgur.com/13V06i8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/HFrNsxE.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r23DF4i.jpg

redwing

Thanks! The scroll issue for Pastels skins is fixed, and the text contrast has improved.