Author Topic: Skinning Requests for 3.2  (Read 49995 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i think i have done all the requests except for this and the auto-dj settings in bitmap skins
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

- Support for new (optional) player controls for bitmap skins: Play Previous/Next Album
redwing, are you looking to replace the existing 2 controls or 2 extra, and how important is this to you?
I cant see this being done for standard skins, except perhaps as a functional setting applied against the existing buttons
Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 01:37:10 PM by Steven

redwing

My plan was adding them as extra buttons for bitmap skins. If it's too much, then it's fine. They can be already added as toolbar buttons.

BTW can you support optionally adding stop button to the standard player bar in progress bar in middle layout?
To make things simple, the button can be really tiny without having to reposition other buttons when it's added. But it would be very useful.

Alumni

i think i have done all the requests except for this and the auto-dj settings in bitmap skins

Bumping an earlier request in case you missed it (not a big deal though).

it would be helpful to have an override for the status bar if player controls are docked in the top panel

Steven

• Administrator
it would be helpful to have an override for the status bar if player controls are docked in the top panel
Panel.StatusBar.Default and Panel.StatusBarControl.Default are the defaults
and
Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default and Panel.StatusBarControlInPanel.Default are overrides when the player is docked at the top

redwing

Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default and Panel.StatusBarControlInPanel.Default are overrides when the player is docked at the top

No, those work when docked at the bottom.

Steven

• Administrator
BTW can you support optionally adding stop button to the standard player bar in progress bar in middle layout?
To make things simple, the button can be really tiny without having to reposition other buttons when it's added. But it would be very useful.
yes thats fine and supported for the next update

Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 06:23:27 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Panel.StatusBar.Default and Panel.StatusBarControl.Default are the defaults
and

No, those work when docked at the bottom.

Panel.StatusBar.Default and Panel.StatusBarControl.Default are used when the status bar is below the player controls and docked in the bottom panel.
Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default and Panel.StatusBarControlInPanel.Default are used when status bar is above the player bar when docked in the bottom panel OR the player controls are docked in the top panel.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

OR the player controls are docked in the top panel.

For me it always uses the two default elements when the player bar is docked at the top.

Alumni

Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default and Panel.StatusBarControlInPanel.Default are used when status bar is above the player bar when docked in the bottom panel OR the player controls are docked in the top panel.

As redwing said this is not how it works, when player controls are docked in the top panel the values used for the status bar are from Panel.StatusBar.Default and not Panel.StatusBarInPanel. If it worked the other way around it would solve my problem.
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:09:03 AM by Alumni

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Panel.StatusBar.Default and Panel.StatusBarControl.Default are used when the status bar is below the player controls and docked in the bottom panel.

Sorry redwing and Alumni, my apologies, you are correct!
I put the OR bit after the wrong element  :-[

It should have read:
Panel.StatusBar.Default and Panel.StatusBarControl.Default are used when the status bar is below the player controls and docked in the bottom panel OR the player controls are docked in the top panel.
Panel.StatusBarInPanel.Default and Panel.StatusBarControlInPanel.Default are used when status bar is above the player bar when docked in the bottom panel.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
As redwing said this is not how it works, when player controls are docked in the top panel the values used for the status bar are from Panel.StatusBar.Default and not Panel.StatusBarInPanel. If it worked the other way around it would solve my problem.
is it that you need an extra setting for when the status bar is below the player but touching each other?

Alumni

is it that you need an extra setting for when the status bar is below the player but touching each other?

Yeah, my goal is for the status bar to "blend in" with the player only when it's placed directly underneath.
Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 08:10:19 AM by Alumni

redwing

i have changed the default save button and default colouring to be consistent with the other buttons.
In all cases the highlight background/border is the same for all the buttons, including when you have a custom "EditSave" button

Can you support this for the vertical tag editor too? For some skins, it's not clear whether the mouse is over the save icon when you're trying to save.

Steven

• Administrator
i have changed the default save button and default colouring to be consistent with the other buttons.
In all cases the highlight background/border is the same for all the buttons, including when you have a custom "EditSave" button

Can you support this for the vertical tag editor too? For some skins, it's not clear whether the mouse is over the save icon when you're trying to save.
for the next update i have changed the vertical tag editor and also the main panel tag editor to use the same brightening algorithm thats used for all other controls