Author Topic: music playback sometimes stutter  (Read 8490 times)

BallanceHZ

I am using musicbee 3.1 and sometimes songs getting stuck,no matter I choose "load the file into the ram"or not it just happens.I found that when this happened the disk transfer speed will be very low(my system is in Chinese but I think that you can still read the task manager,well,I hope so)

It is strange that if I use Foobar2000(1.3.16)to play the music there will be no stutter happening and the disk status is 0%

This troubles me a lot since I love using musicbee to manage my music libaray and I do not want to change the software to playback.I must notice that this will only happens when playing high bit-rate files(pics above is got when playing 5700kbps lossless music).Hope that this problem can be solved.
Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:50:15 PM by BallanceHZ

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Welcome to the forum!

Ctrl+o > Player > check the box for "increase buffer size (if tracks stutter during playback)" > check the box below that for "or load the entire file into memory"

If you're limited on RAM, you may wish to skip the last part and play with how many seconds to load into the buffer using the slider.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

BallanceHZ

Welcome to the forum!

Ctrl+o > Player > check the box for "increase buffer size (if tracks stutter during playback)" > check the box below that for "or load the entire file into memory"

If you're limited on RAM, you may wish to skip the last part and play with how many seconds to load into the buffer using the slider.

I have tried all these but all just didn't work.Sometrimes just restart musicbee can solve the problem but sometime can't.

redwing

How is it connected? Internal, external, on the NAS?

vincent kars

Weird problem as the Seagate is a SSD, one expect it to be fast enough.

Thinks you can try:
Open the Resource monitor and check the Disk for processes doing massive I/O.
Start en stop playback to check if this makes a difference at all.

Try a DPC latency checker like the Resplendence LatencyMon
http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/AudioTools/TroubleShooting.htm

Success

BallanceHZ

Weird problem as the Seagate is a SSD, one expect it to be fast enough.

Thinks you can try:
Open the Resource monitor and check the Disk for processes doing massive I/O.
Start en stop playback to check if this makes a difference at all.

Try a DPC latency checker like the Resplendence LatencyMon
http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/AudioTools/TroubleShooting.htm

Success

It is a SSHD,HDD with 8GB SSD for cache...I will try your suggestion,thanks

BallanceHZ

I think that maybe the "load all the file into memory" function has something wrong.Since if this works well,there should be a burst disk io at the start of playback to load all the file into RAM and then there should be no disk io during the playback.But when I used sometimes it worked just like this and sometimes it just kept reading the disk at 500-600kB/s and then stutter happened.
Since Foobar2K do not meet this I think it should be a bug of musicbee.Hope that this can be fixed.

redwing

sometimes it worked just like this and sometimes it just kept reading the disk at 500-600kB/s and then stutter happened.

Would be more helpful if you can identify what makes the differences. Some people say it stutters when copying files or doing something else.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Have you considered that excessive CPU activity may be causing the stutter? Perhaps try setting the musicbee.exe process to high priority? Try monitoring other resources like memory and CPU usage to see if you can find a correlation.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6