Author Topic: FLAC tage not recognised  (Read 3561 times)

Rannoch

Added various file types to MusicBee, and have a few issues with sort display.

1) All CDs originally ripped to FLAC by dbpoweramp and tags maintained in FOOBAR2000 (including user created tags). When the albums are added to MusicBee the tag ALBUM ARTIST SORT is not recognised. So I am unable to sort by Surname, Firstname.
When I convert the same files to MP3, MusicBee seems to associate ALBUM ARTIST SORT with Sort Album Artist. All original purchased MP3s or AACs sort correctly.

2) I want to have one Library, but filter out file types e.g. MP3, AAC, FLAC 16-bit, FLAC 24-bit. For example, in FOOBAR2000 I have a user created tag called 24-Bit value Y which is used to filter and show only 24-Bit FLAC
is there a way to filter by File Type.

3) Finally, can I set up my custom tags in MusicBee

Thank you

redwing

Search filters and custom tags on the wiki.

You can populate any unsupported tags to a custom tag. If you need to bulk copy between tags, use Additional Tagging Tools plugin.

Rannoch

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, not being familiar with MusicBee, the description of associating the FLAC Album Artist Sort with MusicBee's Sort Album Artist within Wiki is not clear.
Can you possibly give me step by step instructions.
Many thanks.

redwing

OK. Then I'll need to see the tag.
Select one flac file, open tag editor, type some values in sort album artist tag under sorting tab.
Now open tag inspector from tag editor menu.
Take a screenshot so that it could show your original sort tag and the new MB sort tag.
Upload the image to an image hosting site like imgur.com and post the link.

Rannoch

I added the flac album/files to Musicbee, and edited 1 track changing the Album Artist sort as to Smith, John. The results from Tag Inspector are as follows ...

Name                            Tag Code            Value

ALBUM                           ALBUM                       After Midnight: The Complete Sessions
ALBUM ARTIST                ALBUMARTIST              Nat King Cole
ALBUM ARTIST SORT        Album Artist Sort         Cole, Nat King
ARTIST                          ARTIST                      Nat King Cole
GENRE                           GENRE                       Jazz
SORT ALBUM ARTIST        ALBUMARTISTSORT      Smith, John
TITLE                            TITLE                        Route 66

redwing

OK. Then go to Edit>Preferences> Tags (1)> Custom Tags> click on "Define new tags" button.

Type "Album Artist Sort" into "identifier" box and confirm other boxes are filled with the same value. Click on Save. Close it down.

Now select one custom tag and give a display name something like "AA Sort" and open drop down menu for "save to music files as tag" and select "Album Artist Sort" (you should see the entry because you just saved it).

Click on Apply and Save. Then MB will rescan your library. Now add "AA Sort" column to the main panel and see if it's properly mapped.

Now if you want, you can bulk copy the tag to MB's sort album artist tag using Additional Tagging Tools plugin.

Rannoch

Thank you redwing. That worked great!

I used your example AA Sort as the name, and tried bulk copy.
Installed Additional Tagging Tools, and I'm assuming that the "copy tag" function is the bulk copy.
Selected 3 albums
Chose Main Menu/Tools/Additional Tagging Tools/Copy Tag
The field "copy tag" is a drop down with AA Sort in the list, and I selected that.
The field "to tag" has a drop down but SORT ALBUM ARTIST is not on the dropdown list.
Am I using the correct copy function?

redwing

Try this latest version: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg129700#msg129700

Looks like he didn't update the link on add-ons page.

@Mods: Consider updating the link on add-ons page as lots of people are using this.

Rannoch

Tried the bulk copy on three albums.
Working fine.
Thank you

Rannoch

my final question was about filters.
I've looked at wiki, and was about to try, but I can't find anywhere to set up the Filter.

redwing

Show left navigator in left sidebar and configure something like this using context menu of the Music node:

redwing

But you're right. It won't be obvious to new users. Maybe Steven will need to look at this issue.

redwing

Found it. But still it could be accessed by main menu.