Author Topic: Frequent Crashing  (Read 2227 times)

fkm

Freezing going on for quite a few months, using 3.1.6466.

Here's the error log:

25/10/2017 9:43:56 PM - 10.0.16299.0 - 3.1.6466.36486 - System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'MusicBeeMain'.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qBm8NDpTmTwUzTWhassRmAg==(MethodInvoker #=qa5JGByPznCI7NJg1IwRnhA==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qjiHTRDomIedveoGuiWTrvO2gPNs4h$ISonpDr5W0qt0=._Lambda$__0()

EDIT Noticed a few others having this freezing type problem. Only antivirus is Windows Defender. Might try 3.0 to see if still get the problem.
Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 10:04:25 PM by fkm

Steven

• Administrator
this doesnt look like it would be from security software blocking MB.
Can you provide more detail on what you were doing at the time as the error dump doesnt really help. Also send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

fkm

Seems usually happens if I'm editing and then saving tags or using file organiser (ctrl + r). Analysing files notification sometimes seems stuck.

Will try get that settings file to you shortly.

Steven

• Administrator
there is a bug in the official released version with APE tags that might possibly cause this sort of thing (even with mp3 files).
Could you try with the patch version:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing files

Steven

• Administrator
i cant reproduce any issues with your settings.
Assuming you havent already tried with the latest patch version i linked to, then one thing i suggest is try unticking the "auto-save" artwork in Tags(2) preferences
If it still happens, i will create a debug version
Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:57:29 PM by Steven

Spoox

Also having freezing since i updated to latest version.

When i add a album to my library & finish editing the track names etc MusicBee will freeze after playing the first track. My files are flac.
Will try installing the patch version now :)

Steven

• Administrator
When i add a album to my library & finish editing the track names etc MusicBee will freeze after playing the first track. My files are flac.
Will try installing the patch version now :)
try whitelisting musicbee in your security software, especially if you use Avast
also try disabling dsp plugins such as the silence remover
Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:09:04 PM by Steven

fkm

Hey Steven,

Tried the patch version and unchecked auto-save as you specified. Haven't had any freezing since. Might set auto-save to on again to see if that's the cause.

Steven

• Administrator
in that case if you want to re-enable that function then try the very latest patch which included a change i believe should address the auto-save issue