Author Topic: how can i have the most loud volume while i'm playing songs without clipping?  (Read 4479 times)

gaiastar

Hi

may i ask  3 questions?

1) how can i have the most loud volume for each tracks ? replaygain makes them sound week

2) what sound engine does musicbee use ? it's like foobar or mediamonkey or aimp sound engine? (just because it souds different compared to media monkey or aimp 4

3) aimp 4 has a great feature , it calculate the highest volume without clipping in real time , could be added in the next future version?

about aimp4

thanks
Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 07:26:39 PM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

sveakul

Hello gaiastar,

I am a MB "rookie", but as far as your question #2, MusicBee uses the BASS audio library (www.un4seen.com), as does Aimp.  Foobar uses a combination of customized ffmpeg libraries and its own core decoder.  I don't have Media Monkey, but am 99% sure this is a BASS project also.

As far as audible differences between MB and Aimp, this could be due to different equalizer settings or use/non-use of replay gain, pre-amps, etc.  Aimp also resamples EVERYTHING--while MB does only if selected.  Whether that may have an audible effect on the sound is debatable and continues, but the prevailing theory appears to be "no", if the sampler is operating properly (Aimp uses the well-reviewed SoX resampler).  But feel free to correct me folks!

As I don't use replay gain I can't answer your question #1 but I'm sure others will.

For #3, selectable on-the-fly normalization, you can make a post in the Wishlist forum for it to be considered by Steven and/or plugin developers.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
1) how can i have the most loud volume for each tracks ? replaygain makes them sound week

ReplayGain isn't a loudness function. It adjusts the playback volume of individual tracks so that you can set the same volume level for your amplifier for all tracks and not need to adjust it for louder or quieter songs. You need to use volume analysis to write tags to your all of your tracks in order to use this feature to it's fullest potential.

To make your music louder, you need to change your hardware. Specifically, your amplifier needs to be more powerful and the transducers being driven need to be able to handle what the amplifier can dish out. Loud happens in the analog stage, not the digital stage.

3) aimp 4 has a great feature , it calculate the highest volume without clipping in real time , could be added in the next future version?

Ctrl+o > Player > check the box for "dynamically normalize the volume of streams" > Save
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

sveakul

Hi CritterMan,

For the "Dynamically normalize the volume of streams" option, do you know what target dB level MusicBee is using?  Just curious.

redwing

I think "dynamically normalise volume of streams" setting applies to web streams only, not audio steams of local files.

Steven

• Administrator
yes thats right, on the basis the replay gain tags can easily be added to local files.
The dynamically normalise uses a dampner and compressor combination