Author Topic: Selecting tracks to play by using search function and tracks list  (Read 1001 times)

squashedmos

When I use the top right search bar to look for an artist and then select any song of theirs and let it continue on random, as expected, it only randomizes from the tracks that were found to coincide with the search term. However, the problem comes when I clear the search box because I no longer want it to randomize from a particular group of tracks, even if I have cleared the searchbox, it continues to randomize from that one previous search group. The opposite is true as well, if I suddenly want it to randomize from a currently playing artist and use the searchbox to show only those songs, it ignores it and continues randomizing from the previous larger set; if I right click->search->find artist on Playing tracks, it displays the tracks in the Tracks list but ignores the search and continues to randomize from the previous larger group; even if I use the search bar that only searches within Playing tracks, it ignores the search and continues to randomize from the larger group.

I realize many here hate Itunes and all, but this particular question would be best described by Itunes' working. When searching for something and selecting one of the results to play, if you dont clear the search, Itunes continues playing from the results it gave. Once you clear the search, it immediately starts playing from the larger group now showing. In a similar way, if you search for a term related to what is currently playing, it will now play from the results related the search in which the current song is contained, until you clear the search and it goes back to the larger group.

I'm not implying one is better than the other, I just wonder if I'm missing something and that is the problem. So far I've found MB much more agreeable than Itunes, I just happen to like that particular search/play feature from my Itunes days.

redwing

However, the problem comes when I clear the search box because I no longer want it to randomize from a particular group of tracks, even if I have cleared the searchbox, it continues to randomize from that one previous search group.

Clearing search box won't clear already queued tracks. You need to clear playing tracks list (http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playing_Tracks).
Also take a look at Play Now action settings under Preferences> Now Playing.