Author Topic: Search and replace command bug  (Read 4506 times)

redwing

- If you change the case of any word in title for first track using search and replace command, the album cover of the album disappears. Restarting fixes it. It happens only with v3.2.

- This skinning bug is happening with any versions.
Open search and replace window. Input anything and click on Preview. Then fg of the bottom button changes to black color (0,0,0) which doesn't work well with dark skins:

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

Thanks, those bugs are fixed. Here's another one.

Select 10,000 files and run search and replace for a tag that applies to only 10 files.
Then the dialog shows 10 files for preview. Upon clicking on Apply Changes, it takes quite a time.
Then the dialog says 10,000 files have been updated though status bar says 10 files have been updated.
If I check file modification date, only 10 files are modified. Apart from the display bug, why does it take so long?

Steven

• Administrator
yes its using the wrong file list to update the GUI and update count - just a display bug
thats fixed now and available on the usual links

redwing

It's fixed. Thanks!

BTW can you show the number of files that will be modified when Preview button is clicked? Currently you can't know the number until it's done.

Something like "10,000 files are selected for search (10 files will be updated)"

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

i will do something for v3.2

Thanks, v3.2 now shows file count that will be modified.
But the count is wrong (both before and after) when used with "Any Field". The number often exceeds that of the selected files.
The cause might be that it also fixes sort tags. For instance if title has the search term, if fixes sort title too.
It would be great if it could search sort tags that have explicit values when used with "Any Field", ignoring empty sort tags.

Steven

• Administrator

redwing

The count seems fixed, but it now requires multiple running of the same command when used with "Any Field" even for a small number of files. For instance, for about 1500 files to edit, I had to run it four times. Even for 20 files, it requires running it twice.

redwing

- If you change the case of any word in title for first track using search and replace command, the album cover of the album disappears. Restarting fixes it. It happens only with v3.2.

I have noticed similar behavior lots of times even when using tag editor. For instance select all files in an album, edit composer (or any other fields), save, then artwork disappears from the album in Album and Tracks view. Even restart doesn't fix this (I've seen this kind of albums from time to time for weeks). You have to save the first track again without any change. The problem is it's not always reproducible to every album. This is what I have observed so far.

- You must change a tag for all tracks in an album that have multiple tracks.
- If you edit the tag to another value and save again, artwork shows up again. Once that happens, it no longer happens to that album at least for editing that tag (On second thought, probably this happens because simply first track gets saved again regardless of tags).
- This has nothing to do with its URL change or auto-organization. I've seen this from albums not within my library.
- All artwork is embedded to files.
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 11:07:12 AM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
The count seems fixed, but it now requires multiple running of the same command when used with "Any Field" even for a small number of files. For instance, for about 1500 files to edit, I had to run it four times. Even for 20 files, it requires running it twice.
yes that does appear to be an introduced bug from early on in v3.1 that would only apply when multiple fields are updated.
Its fixed for the next update

Steven

• Administrator

I have noticed similar behavior lots of times even when using tag editor. For instance select all files in an album, edit composer (or any other fields), save, then artwork disappears from the album in Album and Tracks view. Even restart doesn't fix this (I've seen this kind of albums from time to time for weeks). You have to save the first track again without any change. The problem is it's not always reproducible to every album. This is what I have observed so far.

- You must change a tag for all tracks in an album that have multiple tracks.
- If you edit the tag to another value and save again, artwork shows up again. Once that happens, it no longer happens to that album at least for editing that tag (On second thought, probably this happens because simply first track gets saved again regardless of tags).
- This has nothing to do with its URL change or auto-organization. I've seen this from albums not within my library.
- All artwork is embedded to files.
at the moment i have no idea why that would happen. I do a lot of editing myself with Album & Tracks view and never seen that happen but my artwork is not embedded. Just to confirm, the artwork still exists in the file (only the first track matters for Album & Tracks view) ?
I guess it could be some sort of timing issue between display refresh and the picture being physically accessible in the updated file but that doesnt explain why the cached picture doesnt always refresh on restart

redwing

Just to confirm, the artwork still exists in the file (only the first track matters for Album & Tracks view) ?

Yes, always in the file when checked with tag editor. Also track info panel in selected track mode never fails to show it correctly.

It feels like the mapping between the first file and the artwork cache gets broken when the file gets updated.
Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:39:21 PM by redwing