Author Topic: Distorted sound when playback via wasapi is selected [No bug/issue resolved]  (Read 2704 times)

zigzag10

If I select wasapi as the output for the player, the sound I get is badly distorted, with what seems to be a mix of interference and tracks being played too fast.  Adjusting the buffer size and having 'event mode' switched on or off doesn't make any difference - this issue contunes to occur.  

This issue appears to relate only to how musicbee is handling wasapi. Playback using musicbee's DirectSound setting is fine, and whilst the PC is running the latest version of Windows 10 there's no noticable distortion at all when using wasapi with audio players, including Winyl, which like musicbee also uses basswasapi.dll.  I'm like crazy about Musicbee 8) so I'm really hoping this issue can be resolved.  

I'm incidentally using musicbee version 3.1.6493 and trying to get this to play, via wasapi and S/PDif, to a SMSL Q5 Pro.  (This doesn't use any third party driver - Windows has instead configued it with a generic MS driver and sees it as a high audio definition device)
Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM by zigzag10

Steven

• Administrator
i wont be able to help with this
Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:03:56 PM by Steven

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You didn't list it in your troubleshooting; so I suggest you uninstall your DAC through the device manager, disconnect the USB cable, reboot, and then connect your DAC again to reinstall the driver. Might work, might not, worth a shot.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

zigzag10

Many thanks for coming back to me Steven and CritterMan.  Yep, I should have posted this in troubleshotting rather than as a 'bug' :(.  As it transpires, I've been able to resolve this issue by completing uninstalling the player, rebooting the PC then reinstalling it again.  So apologises, false alarm on my part - there's no bug relating to this issue.  Having said that I'm really pleased that wasapi output now works for me as it should! 8)

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using Avast security software then you might try whitelisting musicbee as it seems to gone into crazy mode the past week with things its been doing to musicbee.