Author Topic: Album art (folder.jpg) getting left behind when deleting items off synced device  (Read 2015 times)

kakkun

This may not strictly be a bug, but I've noticed this happening with my MP3 player.

I do not have album art embedded in my music, and instead rely on an image within the album folder.
When deleting the album from my MP3 player, the music files are removed, but the album art file gets left behind.

I'd appreciate it if this could be fixed, as it can be quite confusing when browsing by folder.

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not clear... How are you deleting the files from the device? Are you using the device or MB?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

kakkun

I'm not clear... How are you deleting the files from the device? Are you using the device or MB?
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I choose which files will be synced to my device via a playlist. When I update the playlist, files are added/deleted from the device. It's when files are deleted where I'm getting the leftover album art.

redwing

kakkun

I would do that, but I'm pretty low on storage space. I wouldn't have cared to much if I weren't.

redwing

I don't understand. Why do you think embedding artwork will take more space than separating them? The sync settings allow you to either embed, copy, or not add artwork at all. If storage is a concern, do not add artwork.

kakkun

I don't understand. Why do you think embedding artwork will take more space than separating them? The sync settings allow you to either embed, copy, or not add artwork at all. If storage is a concern, do not add artwork.
It takes more space because the artwork will be embedded for each track of the album instead of once per album.

Plus, I don't think me using a different method is the solution here. You could probably say that for most bugs. I'm using a feature that comes with Musicbee, and I'm saying it could be done better.

redwing

I just tested with a virtual device, and I can confirm what you have reported.
Whether syncing music library or playlists, MB doesn't remove artwork files (and their containing folders) when deleting music files via "delete tracks that are not on the auto-sync list" option.
It could be a safety feature not to remove user's files that were already there. If Steven doesn't respond, post a feature request on the wishlist board for a setting that would force remove folders that contain image files only when syncing.

Steven

• Administrator