Author Topic: Audio files on mapped drive, playback sometimes stops at the end..  (Read 1139 times)

theG

I have all my music on a mapped drive under Windows 10, and sometimes playback stops at the end of the song.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the tracks fading into each other, maybe..
I have "crossfade tracks" set to 3 seconds, "fade in new tracks" is ticked, as well as "remove silence at start and end of each track".
It seems random. If I listen to an album, the first time it could happen to track 2, 3 and 7 for instance and if I listen to the album again it could happen to track 1, 3, 4 for instance.. It just seems random.
When playback stops, it's just like if I pressed pause; the PAUSE button becomes a PLAY icon.

I started using a mapped drive about a year ago and for as long as I remember, it always did that. I update to the latest 3.1 patch every 3 weeks or so.

Here's what the end of the wavebar looks like when playback stops. As you can see, it doesn't stop at the very end.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are playing .m4a files then get bass_aac.dll - see the FAQ in the wiki
otherwise the obvious think to try is disabling the player options, especially the remove silence option

theG

They are FLAC files.
I understand the disabling of "remove silence" but doing so is just taking away a useful feature and not fixing the actual problem/bug...  :-\

Steven

• Administrator
if you establish that it is the remove silence setting then i will need one of the problem files so i can see what is going on

theG

I'll do some testing with different settings and report back to try and find the culprit.
I don't think it's a file specific problem since I have 166,000 FLAC files and it's been doing that routinely..