Author Topic: Compatibility issue with latest version 1709 of Windows 10 64bit?  (Read 14464 times)

Bazzer

There appears to be a compatibility issue with the latest version 1709 of Windows 10 64bit. It seems to be working ok after running the Windows compatibilty troubleshooter ... anyone else having problems?

phred

• Global Moderator
What version of MB are you using?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bazzer

Hi phred,

I'm using 3.1.6466. I see from your sig I should be using a patched 3.1.6497 but when I ran it AVG said it might be a virus
Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:04:42 PM by Bazzer

Mr. Trev

I've been running the RTM version of 1709 for over a week now and haven't any problems. If fact I find MB is far more stable now than it was under 1703.

The annoying thing with Win 10 is it seems to be far more hardware picky than anything else. My touchpad will still cause the album display to jump to the top of my library first time I scroll. The only way to make this go away is if I completely disable Windows Precision Touchpad support

supersonic

I'm having this issue as well, I have two portable installs of MusicBee both were running 3.0.6132.15853 and after the Windows 10 x64 Pro 1709 update from Windows Update neither would open, I've updated one to 3.1.6466.36486 and it still won't open, setting the MusicBee.exe to run in Compatibility mode with Windows 8 then allows it to open.  I also installed a fresh portable version of 3.1.6466.36486 to a new directory and same issue, I've tried the update in phred's signature however my antivirus has temporarily locked the file as it checks it's not malware. Usually there's a Latest Patch Version thread however there doesn't seem to be one for 3.1.

I'm happy running it in Compatibility mode with Windows 8 but thought I should pop up to let you know I'm having this issue too.

Steven

• Administrator
are you guys sure its not your security software causing the issues ie. have you tried whitelisting musicbee

supersonic

I can confirm it is my security software Avast causing it (AVG is also owned by Avast which the OP says they're using) temporarily disabling Avasts 'Shields' MusicBee opens without any compatibility with Windows 8 needed, adding it to the whitelist function of Avast has the same effect.  I'll wait for an update to Avast to fix the issue then.

Many thanks  :) my brain forgot I could disable the Shields temporarily 😅

phred

• Global Moderator
Avast is notorious for blocking MB despite many requests to them to whitelist it. No reply from them so the whitelisting is on your shoulders.
But there are a couple of other AV apps that also block MB. Such as Dr. Web.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bazzer

I'm now using MB 3.1.6497.20588 but still have to run in Windows 8 Compatibility mode for it to work with AVG running. If I switch off AVG MB runs ok so the problem is down to AVG but I can't find any firewall settings in the AVG free version.

frankm

If you want to exclude a location from all Avast Antivirus scans, go to Settings ▸ General ▸ Exclusions to specify the location. Works for me

Bazzer

Frankm, thanks for that, one "small" difference in AVG, they call it Exceptions not Exclusions. I was sure I'd already tried that but I guess I'm mistaken, anyway it works now without using Compatibility mode  :)

Larzoapso

Hi all, just a bit of help with anyone running AVG Internet Security.  I have the same issue but if you put an exception in under the "Behaviour Shield" component NOT the "File Shield" component it launches.

The other way (as mentioned) is to run in Compatibility for Windows 8 using your shortcut.

Steven

• Administrator
I contacted Avast about this. At least the v3.1 full installer should now be white-listed by Avast.
I am trying to get the same done for the store version now.

ygygold

Hi,

I'm new here. I think I"m posing in the right place.
I'm having trouble running MusicBee on a new windows 10 computer. Compatibility mode didn't help me. See this picture.
Capture by ygygold