Author Topic: Need a way to add tag values while keeping original values  (Read 2639 times)

Ravoblex

Hello,

I'm already familiar with tagging. I've got a rather large library of songs (4000+) and manually editing the values is out of the question.

I want to add a value to the BPM tag for use in iTunes to indicate the KBPS of the song. The song quality in other words. I have some 24/96 and high bitrate songs in ALAC format I want to be able to add to separate playlists.

I already have the BPM field tagged to denote the Musicbee rating of each song. And I want to add a tag for the KB/s of each song into the BPM field on top of the song ratings.

Now, if there is a hidden KB/s field I've missed in Get Info in iTunes, then please kindly point it out. In which case I'm a complete numpty. Any answers are welcome.

Thanks.

frankz

BPM is Beats Per Minute - the tempo of the song.  Nothing to do with bitrate or ratings.

You're looking for the "Bitrate" field in MB.  It's not a tag - you can't set or edit it.  It's read from the bitrate of the file.  If you right click the top of any list of files where the headings are and then select "Set Displayed Fields..."  You'll see it there.

There are also, "Encoder," "Encoding Quality,"  "Quality," "Sample Rate," and ."ext" fields that give various aspects of the information you're looking for.  Again, these are not tags. They report what the file is.
Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 10:53:11 PM by frankz

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Now, if there is a hidden KB/s field I've missed in Get Info in iTunes, then please kindly point it out. In which case I'm a complete numpty. Any answers are welcome.
You can add a 'Bit Rate' column in Songs or Playlists view
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together