Author Topic: UI "freezes"  (Read 8497 times)

Nokiaman

Sometimes MusicBee's UI is frozen and doesn't correspond to what's actually happening. It started with 3.1
Bottom text is correct and is what's actually being played. Playing now is frozen at same track. Only way to fix it is to close/open MB.

antietam

Sometimes MusicBee's UI is frozen and doesn't correspond to what's actually happening. It started with 3.1
Bottom text is correct and is what's actually being played. Playing now is frozen at same track. Only way to fix it is to close/open MB.
[

Yes, that's my problem too!!! See here: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22969.0

Steven

• Administrator
Could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and given this has happened to a few people, could you confirm you will run a debug version.

One thing that is a little confusing is the player controls are paused. When you say MB is frozen, is it just the playing tracks panel that is frozen or the entire application?

Nokiaman

Could you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)
Here https://pastebin.com/46vNSPwR

and given this has happened to a few people, could you confirm you will run a debug version.
Sure, why not. If you tell me what to do it's no problem for me.

One thing that is a little confusing is the player controls are paused
Ehh I paused the track so I can take a screenshot obviously :D

When you say MB is frozen, is it just the playing tracks panel that is frozen or the entire application?
Well so far I only had the Playing Tracks panel misbehaving, but I don't use lot of stuff that is "interactive" so to speak so I am not sure. Biggest problem with this issue is that it seems completely random, at least I'm not sure how to quickly reproduce it.
Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:47:40 PM by Nokiaman

Steven

• Administrator
@antietam, can you confirm you were saying the entire UI freezes?

antietam

@antietam, can you confirm you were saying the entire UI freezes?

Confirmed.

Steven

• Administrator
in that case your issue is not the same. I doubt i will be able to help with that

antietam

Steven, I wonder if UI & playback freezing has something to do with use of external hard drives. I have been experiencing this issue with version 3.1. both on my home laptop and my work computer, and the only thing they have in common is playback of music files stored on external Seagate hard drives.

As I mentioned before, there are no problems with ver. 3.0.

Steven

• Administrator
how frequently does it happen and is the only thing you are doing with MB at the time is playing music?

antietam

how frequently does it happen and is the only thing you are doing with MB at the time is playing music?

It happens sporadically, at irregular intervals - sometimes during playback, sometimes when I edit tags or search for a missing track, sometimes when MusicBee is absolutely idle. The same behavior on two different PCs.

Nokiaman

Like I said it seems to be random. To be more exact. My Library tab uses Album Covers look and I play the albums by clicking on the white play icon. Maybe it stems from that? Maybe eventually it bugs out the UI the more albums you play after one another?

redwing

Like I said it seems to be random. To be more exact. My Library tab uses Album Covers look and I play the albums by clicking on the white play icon. Maybe it stems from that? Maybe eventually it bugs out the UI the more albums you play after one another?

It used to have such an issue: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22440.0
But it no longer happens to me after Steven fixed it.
What version of MB are you running? If not, try updating to the latest version.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P

It used to have such an issue: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22440.0
But it no longer happens to me after Steven fixed it.
What version of MB are you running? If not, try updating to the latest version.

For what it's worth, I have a budget Intel processor laptop, with MB running, usually in Album View, playing 256AAC files, embedded Album Artwork at 1000 x 1000 px, most days playing from lunchtime to midnight, and never had any lock-ups or freezing...
(Also, I could be running low on RAM as Milkdrop vizualiser sometimes won't start but music still plays OK)

Best: Fred   :D

redwing

Steven, I wonder if UI & playback freezing has something to do with use of external hard drives. I have been experiencing this issue with version 3.1. both on my home laptop and my work computer, and the only thing they have in common is playback of music files stored on external Seagate hard drives.

As I mentioned before, there are no problems with ver. 3.0.

One thing you could try is installing a portable 3.1 on both machines and play them for a while without the external HDD connected to see if the issue persists. That would help Steven to narrow down possible causes of the issue.

antietam

One thing you could try is installing a portable 3.1 on both machines and play them for a while without the external HDD connected to see if the issue persists. That would help Steven to narrow down possible causes of the issue.

Just now - installed version 3.1.6491 on my work computer. The same result without the external hard drive connected.  This time, UI freezes and MB stops working as soon as the first track is played. Had to use the task manager in order to close MB.