Author Topic: UI "freezes"  (Read 8386 times)

redwing

Just now - installed version 3.1.6491 on my work computer. The same result without the external hard drive connected.  This time, UI freezes and MB stops working as soon as the first track is played. Had to use the task manager in order to close MB.

Thanks for the report!
Can you post a screenshot of your layout at the time MB froze? Then I'll try the same for a while to see if I can replicate it.

Nokiaman

Like I said it seems to be random. To be more exact. My Library tab uses Album Covers look and I play the albums by clicking on the white play icon. Maybe it stems from that? Maybe eventually it bugs out the UI the more albums you play after one another?

It used to have such an issue: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22440.0
But it no longer happens to me after Steven fixed it.
What version of MB are you running? If not, try updating to the latest version.

Hmm I think I did download that one. Will check the version number.
I had 6475 and this one is 6491. Was it fixed between those? Since that thread mentions older versions.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
@Nokiaman, i have been running with your settings but unable to reproduce any issues.
Could you update to the latest patch version (again) as there is a slim chance its related to a bug i fixed tonight

Also try un-ticking "skip starting and ending silence" in the Player preferences
Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:41:23 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator
@Nokiaman, apparently the issue for antietam was his security software intefering with MusicBee so you might also look at including MB in the whitelist for your security software

antietam

@antietam, i wasnt able to reproduce the freeze again using your settings, so could you confirm you will run a debug version?
Also could you confirm it only happens in the "Now Playing" tab?

Steven, I think that the freezing problem has solved itself in my case. Yesterday Dr.Web Antivirus began to detect MusicBee.exe as DPH:Trojan.Encoder.4, and I added this executable file and its directory to the exclusions list (later, I did the same with my home computer's antivirus software (Windows Defender)). And now - no UI freezes at all! Hooray!

Nokiaman

Okay I did all that. If it freezes again I'll bump this thread  ;)

Nokiaman

Happened again :(
I just played my playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
i forgot to mention to use bass_aac.dll if you are playing .m4a files - see the FAQ section of the wiki

Nokiaman

Those aren't m4a files. All of them are FLAC. It happened just now to FLAC album.

Nokiaman

Just had it happen by using Play Library Shuffled from jumplist in taskbar so it's safe to assume it has nothing to do with the play buttons.

Nokiaman

I think I found a way to repro this. Using 3.1.6512

Use my settings
Select Music tab (MUST BE MUSIC TAB)
Close MB/Open MB
Play any album by clicking on the play icon in Music tab
Select Now Playing tab
Let the track finish or skip it
UI is stuck on the first song

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file again (help/ support/ view settings)