Author Topic: Lyrics aren't embedded with on-the-fly conversion  (Read 2503 times)

Freegells

Hello!

I'm having an issue when using the "on-the-fly conversion" option in the synchronisation settings: the lyrics aren't saved into the files tags. It doesn't seem to matter which files types are converted to/from, or even the device type, as long as the on-the-fly conversion is used, the lyrics are lost.

Files sync'ed without the option, though, have their lyrics preserved. Worth noting as well that files converted using "Send to > Format Converter" keep their lyrics.

Steven

• Administrator
All working fine here. Are you sure the lyrics are actually embedded in your music files and not just downloaded cached versions that MB displays in the lyrics panel only?

Freegells

All working fine here. Are you sure the lyrics are actually embedded in your music files and not just downloaded cached versions that MB displays in the lyrics panel only?

Yes, all the files I tested showed Lyrics Source: Embedded In Music File in the lyrics panel alt-menu, although they are all being embedded automatically as soon a Lyrics Provider finds lyrics ("auto-retrieve and save without prompt").

To confirm that the player was not showing lyrics from cache, I opened them in an external tag editor, and this is what I got (shown in the GIF below, where Song A is "Black Mirror" and Song B is "Dancing Queen"):
  • Song A, converted "on-the-fly": no lyrics;
  • Song A, converted via Format Converter: has lyrics (same as the original);
  • Song A, original FLAC: has lyrics;
  • Song B, original MP3, sync'd without conversion: has lyrics.

I forgot to mention in the other post, and maybe it is relevant, but I'm using MusicBee v3.1.6388 and the device being synchronized is a Mass Storage device (although it also seems to happen with an Android in MTP mode but I didn't test enough to confirm).

cjh6gc

I'm having the same issue. I'm syncing music to my Android phone in MTP mode, and embedded lyrics don't carry over when a file is converted. Any tracks that are just transferred keep their lyrics.

All lyrics are embedded in the file (not just downloaded), and doing a normal conversion on my computer retains the lyrics.