Author Topic: Showing of all Playlists the Song is added to  (Read 1378 times)

captain

Dear Music Bee Developers!

First of all, thanks for this wonderfull pieace of software, beautiful UI and good usability,
something you dont find so often. And of course, the configuration and personalisation possibilities,
really great!!

For me, only one thing would be missing.

I find it great to see in which playlists a song is in when you edit it,
which means when I edit a song I can edit all of its mp3 tags,
and I had once a program where you could also edit (adding/removing) the playlists the song is currently added to.

I know it works the other way round at the moment, but often I also need to work it that way.

Having this kind of functionality would make it almost perfect (for me!)

Let me know what you think,
best regards,
Michael from Vienna.

frankz

+1 for me on the removal from multiple playlists at once.  I asked for this a few weeks ago.

On adding, you can right-click on a song, group of songs or whatever, select "Add to Playlist" and then hold down the "CTRL" key while selecting multiple playlists.

captain

Hello,

thanks for your reply.  Yes, the functionality of adding is possible.

I am maintaining a big amount of playlists. Therefore, if I want to do a checkup on my songs,
going through all my songs, I would want to see if the song is in all the playlists I want it to be,
e.g. checking if i have forgotten one.

So an additional tab on the songs details which shows this information would do the trick!

Best regards,
Michael.

phred

• Global Moderator
As a workaround, you can select a track > right-click > search > locate in playlist
Depending on the size of your collection, and how many playlists you have, it may take half a minute or so before the popup appears with the list of playlists the track lives in. And it may immediately show one, but wait a bit to see others are found.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

captain

Hello,

thanks fo this hint! I would have never guessed that this information could be hidden there :)
And it loads quite fast. I dont see any delay.

That being said,
as this functionality is already availiable, it would really rock if this information resides inside the songs properties!!

Again,
best regards from Austria,
Michael.