Author Topic: Switching between objects at left side bar show error popup  (Read 946 times)

selfproclaimKING

This happens after I installed the latest MusicBee 3.2 Patch (3.2.6788). I played around with the mini player panel layout, more specifically: Wide Layout - Large Picture (new feature). I think this is what caused the error popup. What I did was switching between objects in the left side bar (Album, Genre, Album Artist, Artist, etc. depending on the headers) and the popup showed up. I have tried to reinstall the patch but to no avail.

Anyways, this is what the popup said:

MusicBee v3.2.6788.39546 (Win10.0), 4 Aug 2018 10:44:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at #=z5UL0ADZDioLbSpyZSNU5YaX64LHk.#=znXKK7LtH1L3v4JbXcA==.#=zf8FWkwdJAbI8Idgqsg==.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs #=zbGyz3wQ=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at #=ztOp0UB$uiF9cNAxIvLajvx4=.WndProc(Message& #=zuWmWLk8=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Steven

• Administrator
I have tried to reinstall the patch but to no avail.
what do you mean by this - you were not able to reproduce the error?

The error itself is when you clicked on the main application thumb browser but the log doesnt really help with the cause. Looking at the code there is no plausible reason i can see for the error so unless you can reproduce it i wont be able to solve it
Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 08:53:19 AM by Steven

sveakul

This happens after I installed the latest MusicBee 3.2 Patch (3.2.6788). I played around with the mini player panel layout, more specifically: Wide Layout - Large Picture (new feature). I think this is what caused the error popup. What I did was switching between objects in the left side bar (Album, Genre, Album Artist, Artist, etc. depending on the headers) and the popup showed up. I have tried to reinstall the patch but to no avail.

You know, this describes a similar experience I had after updating to *.6788 and playing with the new mini player Large Picture layout, but also did all kinds of other re-sizing and layout testing of other sorts(showing/hiding thumbnails etc.).  After my "experiments" and back at my normal layout, I ended up with a condition that when in my Library panel I clicked on the left main panel with my usual artists list, an error popup would appear at every selection, but then go on to list the tracks as usual, even after an exit/restart.  I  just replaced the whole MusicBee folder (I use the portable) with my daily backup as I figured all my screwing around had been to blame.  Since then I've updated further (*.6790), and couldn't begin to re-create all the shenanigans from before to give a proper "steps to reproduce."  Of course if it ever happens again I will document.  Just wanted you to know you're not crazy.  ;D
Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 04:02:40 AM by sveakul

selfproclaimKING

I have tried to reinstall the patch but to no avail.
what do you mean by this - you were not able to reproduce the error?

The error itself is when you clicked on the main application thumb browser but the log doesnt really help with the cause. Looking at the code there is no plausible reason i can see for the error so unless you can reproduce it i wont be able to solve it

Okay, so I attempted to recreate the steps to produce the pops up and these are what I do:
1. I went to MusicBee folder and uninstall the program.
2. I reinstall it through the normal setup executable file: MusicBeeSetup_3_2_Update1. Up until this point, the Skins folder wasn't squashed by the uninstaller. I went to the app and switched between instances on the left bar and nothing happened so far.
3. I apply the patches. And the instant I switch the error popup showed up, without me having to recreate anything.

Maybe the reason is due to the residue saved preferences because all the music were automatically scanned without me having to locate music library again.

Steven

• Administrator
are you using v3.2.6790 ?

if yes, can you post the error dump again

selfproclaimKING

are you using v3.2.6790 ?

if yes, can you post the error dump again

Sorry, I didn't realize the new patch was out. After updating to 3.2.6790 version, the problem is gone. Thanks for the help!