Author Topic: Overlay all panels on a bitmap background  (Read 33366 times)

Sizzlinol

That's a pretty cool feature!

One thing I noticed is that there's no coloured header for the new playlist header bar yet. Would like to see that included.

redwing

I noticed when restarting with background settings changed preference window stay a bit longer than main app window before closing.

redwing

It no longer auto-loads a background image in the skin folder when changing skin.

Twlf

RE: Playlist info panel

Please add the ability to disable this panel, it takes a lot of space.
+1
Not every user would be a fan of the new playlist artwork feature.
its already done.

I swear I went through all the settings and menus like a dozen times and couldn't find a way to hide this thing.. Did I misinterpret the post, or is it not possible to do that yet?
It's pretty much the only remaining thing bothering me atm. (That aside, I've been using the 3.2 custom image version for a month now, everything works with no issue and looks awesome with subtle background texture).  :)

redwing

That menu was added to Album & Tracks view and Tracks view if you right on the view button, except artwork view.

Twlf

That menu was added to Album & Tracks view and Tracks view if you right on the view button, except artwork view.
Lovely, that did it.  :) I've been right clicking there, but in Artwork view so I missed it.
Thanks!

KangNi

Thank You Steven for this great long awaited skinning feature  :)

In addition - could someone give me a hint if and how it's possible to get transparent pannel borders?
Which element(s) are needed to be edit in the xml-skinns?

The borders are currently just less visible above the background image in my configuration, but i really would like getting rid of them.

Thanks a lot.
Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:54:22 PM by KangNi

redwing

maybe MB can also look for a .jpg named as the folder name. I realise this will not be obvious to users but hopefully some skin authors will bundle a background with their skin, that follows either naming convention so if the user opt's into using background images (once i make it a tick-box) that will serve as the default for the skin

I am planning to add some custom bg images to 3.2 skins of mine. But the auto-loading following the skin name feature no longer works. Can you fix it?

Also some further suggestions:
- Panel header on the sidebar would look better if they are translucent just like the main header bar. Tabs bar and status bar too could get the same treatment to a lesser degree.
- Tag editors (either the docked one or the vertical) are not affected at all. They could look the same as the main panel or other sidebar panels.

Steven

• Administrator
I am planning to add some custom bg images to 3.2 skins of mine. But the auto-loading following the skin name feature no longer works. Can you fix it?
its working fine for me but i did recently make a change so i will undo that for the next update and see if it helps

- Panel header on the sidebar would look better if they are translucent just like the main header bar.
it should already be the case. Can you post a screenshot so i can see where you mean

redwing

- Panel header on the sidebar would look better if they are translucent just like the main header bar.
it should already be the case. Can you post a screenshot so i can see where you mean

Tried different images and I see you're right. It already works.

redwing

But dark colors don't seem to blend well into the child header. Also there's legibility issue. Try a very dark bg image with the default skin, and the text on the child header is almost illegible.

Steven

• Administrator
Skin colours are used - it doesnt auto-colour. The user will need to match the skin to the image eg. dark skin for dark custom image

Steven

• Administrator
- Tag editors (either the docked one or the vertical) are not affected at all. They could look the same as the main panel or other sidebar panels.
i will do the vertical tag editor