Author Topic: Overlay all panels on a bitmap background  (Read 33375 times)

Steven

• Administrator
The 'Edit Playlist' text from above has been moved to the left, below the other text in the panel, but I still want to remove the entire panel.
you wont be able to do that

Sofocl

those issues should already be addressed with the updated version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoyqusdsqprxg1h/MusicBeeTestCustomImage.zip?dl=1
All the problems which I reported remain.
Here's my settings if need be:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/kljnp5qjb0k2blm/MusicBee3Settings.ini

The 'Edit Playlist' text from above has been moved to the left, below the other text in the panel, but I still want to remove the entire panel.
you wont be able to do that

Please add the ability to disable this panel, it takes a lot of space.
Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
With the background image, maybe they could be placed in :\MusicBee\Backgrounds folder.
This would be the default folder for MB to look for a background.
Once you have selected and are using a background, when you change skins MB will automatically look for a background that is named the same as the newly selected skin.
If it doesn't exist, MB will keep the current background image but, if it does exist then MB will apply the new background at the same time you change skins.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Twlf

+1; however, I'm assuming it was meant that this wouldn't be removable specifically in the test version. (Sizewise it takes up more space than elements with far greater utility, eg. column browser / whole row of album covers)

Also, got two more bugs to report:

1. If, as you scroll through Album Covers view, you run into a Cover that doesn't have maximum height / adequate aspect ratio, the empty space gets filled with a part of the entity above it.

2. Clicking on any album after that:

EDIT: Both seem to only occur with "Overlay fields inside artwork" setting.
Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:11:17 PM by Twlf

Steven

• Administrator
With the background image, maybe they could be placed in :\MusicBee\Backgrounds folder.
This would be the default folder for MB to look for a background.
Once you have selected and are using a background, when you change skins MB will automatically look for a background that is named the same as the newly selected skin.
If it doesn't exist, MB will keep the current background image but, if it does exist then MB will apply the new background at the same time you change skins.
probably what i will do is have a convention that if a .jpeg/.png is named the same as the skin in the same folder then that will be automatically applied

Also, got two more bugs to report:
they should be fixed now
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoyqusdsqprxg1h/MusicBeeTestCustomImage.zip?dl=1

redwing

- When a background image is used, non-square album covers don't display properly: https://i.imgur.com/EcK73zn.png

- How to make it load no background image is not straightforward. A tickable option "no image" would be useful.

probably what i will do is have a convention that if a .jpeg/.png is named the same as the skin in the same folder then that will be automatically applied

Then how to handle skin series like Dark Fine Tuned and Pastels without having to add multiple copies of the same image in different names?

+1
Not every user would be a fan of the new playlist artwork feature.

Steven

• Administrator
- When a background image is used, non-square album covers don't display properly: https://i.imgur.com/EcK73zn.png
are you using the latest version? Trying now its fine (and something i did fix prob. yesterday)

- How to make it load no background image is not straightforward. A tickable option "no image" would be useful.
already planned

Then how to handle skin series like Dark Fine Tuned and Pastels without having to add multiple copies of the same image in different names?
maybe MB can also look for a .jpg named as the folder name. I realise this will not be obvious to users but hopefully some skin authors will bundle a background with their skin, that follows either naming convention so if the user opt's into using background images (once i make it a tick-box) that will serve as the default for the skin

+1
Not every user would be a fan of the new playlist artwork feature.
its already done.

redwing

Yes, it's the latest version.
Maybe it's settings. Try my settings file I just PMed you.

redwing

maybe MB can also look for a .jpg named as the folder name. I realise this will not be obvious to users but hopefully some skin authors will bundle a background with their skin, that follows either naming convention so if the user opt's into using background images (once i make it a tick-box) that will serve as the default for the skin

That's a good idea! So if they want to override it, they would only need to change the image under the same filename.

Twlf

Interesting.. if you right click on a tab, or go to Menu->View, there's now something about Custom Views Layouts.  :D
(Sry for offtopic)

Also, just to confirm, the last version fixed my issue with the Cover view (however, mine had to do with 'Overlay fields inside artwork' setting specifically).
Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:56:03 PM by Twlf

redwing

Interesting.. if you right click on a tab, or go to Menu->View, there's now something about Custom Views.  :D

No, what's new is custom Layouts, not Views: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21919.msg133269#msg133269
I haven't tested the feature yet, though.

Twlf

Couple more:

- the Now Playing -> Highlight playing track options don't work when a background is set.
- not necessarily a bug in the usual sense due to when it manifests, but just to report the behavior: I opened the regular (nontest) executable just to see if the highlight works properly, then I went back to the test one, and what happens is that everything gets smeared as you scroll through the Albums and Tracks view (but not Cover view).