Author Topic: Overlay all panels on a bitmap background  (Read 33748 times)

redwing

Thanks! That fixed it.

How about adding a transparency slider? Then the user could adjust a background image to various colors of skins without altering the image each time.

Steven

• Administrator
Thanks! That fixed it.

How about adding a transparency slider? Then the user could adjust a background image to various colors of skins without altering the image each time.
yes i think that is a good idea

what i was wondering was how people felt about how the background shows in its current implementation. When i have seen this sort of thing implemented elsewhere its done just for the file lists. And alternatively, the fact that it doesnt cover the entire application.

redwing

what i was wondering was how people felt about how the background shows in its current implementation. When i have seen this sort of thing implemented elsewhere its done just for the file lists. And alternatively, the fact that it doesnt cover the entire application.

I think it's very well done. No complaints on that regard.

Sofocl

I think the more elements covered by a more aesthetically, including the "header bar", "album cover" (when no cover) "wave bar", etc.

Sorry for my bad English.

Steven

• Administrator
I think the more elements covered by a more aesthetically, including the "header bar", "album cover" (when no cover) "wave bar", etc.
i am not sure i understand. The album cover and wavebar should already draw on the image background. The header bar doesnt which is intentional.
For the album cover with no cover, are you suggesting MB writes "No Cover" onto the custom background?

Steven

• Administrator
Although i think this is a good idea, looking at whats involved i think i will not do it for now until i am more certain background images will be used widely. Thats due to the effort involved with implementation

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Looks good so far!  :)
Arsenic with mineral arsenic+cubism filter background

a few things I noticed:
If number of tracks is not enough to go past the bottom of 'below artwork' text, than it is not refreshed after scrolling

HeaderBar and Panel Header is transparent but Panel ChildHeader is translucent. I think it would be better if they were consistent.

Background of column browser header (in vertical arrangement) sometimes picks up weird artifacts (as if it's actually getting the background from a different area) when switching between tabs.

Visualiser: spectrum (especially when in main panel) gets the solid background  re-painted when switching between tabs.

Also, would it be possible to have the shadow effect on the overlaid text, as per compact player?

and lastly (for the moment  ;)  )
have MB remeber the last folder used for the background images.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
a few things I noticed:
If number of tracks is not enough to go past the bottom of 'below artwork' text, than it is not refreshed after scrolling

Background of column browser header (in vertical arrangement) sometimes picks up weird artifacts (as if it's actually getting the background from a different area) when switching between tabs.

Visualiser: spectrum (especially when in main panel) gets the solid background  re-painted when switching between tabs.
those should be fixed, although for the column browser its just the top header you are referring to?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uoyqusdsqprxg1h/MusicBeeTestCustomImage.zip?dl=1

i don't think it will be possible to have a shadow effect on the text for the file lists/ scrollable panels. I will look at the header bar suggestion. Perhaps i will only make it transparent if there is no text displayed ie. the user has hidden the header menu for all panels
Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 10:33:06 AM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
those should be fixed, although for the column browser its just the top header you are referring to?
Yep, column browser top header was correct.
That and the others do look like there fixed.

I will look at the header bar suggestion. Perhaps i will only make it transparent if there is no text displayed ie. the user has hidden the header menu for all panels
That would be awesome, as long as all the header bars are translucent when text is displayed.

Also, with 'artist picture' element, if the image is to small for the available space and needs background fill.  That background fill is the solid panel colour.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator

Sofocl

The album cover and wavebar should already draw on the image background. The header bar doesnt which is intentional.
For the album cover with no cover, are you suggesting MB writes "No Cover" onto the custom background?

"wavebar" and "Visualiser: spectrum" loses the background image being in a "buttom panel".
"album cover" panel and album covers do not have a background image, for the first I suggest full transparency and for the second the effect of frosted glass.
"artist pictures" does not have a background image.
"header bar", I think it should have the effect of frosted glass.

Sorry for my bad English.

Twlf

Looks amazing, just tried a few combinations with my usually minimal skins.  :)

One question though - what is this big Edit Playlist panel above Column Browser I keep getting when viewing playlists? It disappears when I run regular executable, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it with the test version.

(Also, notice the colorful glitched borders inside and below the Column Browser.. picks color from the last viewed tab, using the latest uploaded version)

Twlf

Borders look fine now.

The 'Edit Playlist' text from above has been moved to the left, below the other text in the panel, but I still want to remove the entire panel.  :)

Thanks!