Author Topic: player control/main player skining problem  (Read 3746 times)

Jeagaha

Hello everybody!

I recently started trying to adjust the skin I used (DarkGreen by Endeavour1934), by using the xml-file Endeavour1934 provided on this forum and changing only the color of a few elements. (Edit: Right now I actual only changed the color of the header but I will tweak some more if my issue is solvable)

That worked well only now the "player control/main player" area changed to a different look. The play, pause next and previous song buttons are different, so is the progressbar

With original DarkGreen skin

With my edited version of DarkGreen

Can somebody please, help me fix this? I have no idea what the problem could be.
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 12:39:39 AM by Jeagaha

edcase

I think it's because the skin is "xmlc"? Which basically means it was compiled and not directly editable.
Since these allow .png images and can change the buttons, you can try yourself to change it with SkinCreator,
not tried it myself, other skins which are just "xml" are editable but won't have fancy buttons ^^

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable on this than me will answer. Looks nice though, cheers.

sveakul

edcase:  xmlc skins can be modified by the presence of an xml file in the same folder that refers back to the "parent" xmlc file using a format like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="(name of skin).xmlc">
 <element id="(choose element)">
(content)
 </element>
</root>

The xml file itself should be named in a way that distinguishes it from the xmlc in the Skins menu so it can be easily selected.  That being about the sum of my own knowledge on customizing skins, I'll have to leave it to the experts to suggest a fix for Jeagaha's issue, which probably should be moved to the Skins board here for best results:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:07:12 AM by sveakul

edcase

Would that be "prebaked" into an xmlc skin and allow editing through the player options, I gather that's what happened here. I've not even dabbled in to skin options other than editing through the player options so don't have much to add. It's a good suggestion to maybe move this thread, thanks for correcting me. =]

Jeagaha

Thank you both for the advice! How do I move this topic to the Skin board?

and sveakul: Where should I put these lines in the xml file?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ Jeagaha

just add the line
Code
<root dependsOn="(name of skin).xmlc">
into the edited .xml you have already created.

make sure you follow what sveakul said:
xmlc skins can be modified by the presence of an xml file in the same folder that refers back to the "parent" xmlc file...

The xml file itself should be named in a way that distinguishes it from the xmlc in the Skins menu so it can be easily selected.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Jeagaha

Thanks! It worked! It seems I had to put the lines at the top of the xml file and not at the bottom! I will now spend the night tinkering a lot with the xml file. Gotta love how customizable Musicbee is!

Again thanks all for your time!

Steven

• Administrator