Author Topic: MusicBee 3.2 - General Direction  (Read 21102 times)

badwhip

Jukebox mode or skin so it looks like a jukebox when you want to.

wallyzmusic

I don't get in here very often so I don't know if you'll see this, Steven.  Just a big thank you for the Save Settings Snapshot.  It works just great in my tests.  Makes my backup/recovery really easy now.  Wally

Steven

• Administrator
I am going to wind down the development for v3.2
Is there anything anyone strongly feels needs attention?

Erik Paelman

Hopefully this does not mean that you stop the further development of musicbee ?

Steven

• Administrator

sveakul

Steven if this is something that can be easily done at this point, it would be great to see an option added to make auto-reconnect attempts to radio streams if they drop due to transient breaks in Internet connection, etc.  Thanks for your consideration.

Steven

• Administrator
Steven if this is something that can be easily done at this point, it would be great to see an option added to make auto-reconnect attempts to radio streams if they drop due to transient breaks in Internet connection, etc.  Thanks for your consideration.
I have always understood that BASS has automatic retry functionality, however I have now put in some additional handling for when a stream does abnormally terminate. Its been tested under contrived test conditions so i dont know how well it works in real world cases. Also it only tries to reconnect once.
If it doesnt work, create a new wishlist topic

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip

sveakul

I have always understood that BASS has automatic retry functionality, however I have now put in some additional handling for when a stream does abnormally terminate. Its been tested under contrived test conditions so i dont know how well it works in real world cases. Also it only tries to reconnect once.

Steven:  I have let a stream run for several hours now with this version, during which I would normally get 3-4 dropouts requiring a new double-click, and no problems;  whatever you "kick-started" in the BASS module WORKS  :)   Thanks again.

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
functional changes for v3.2 are closed and any requests should be placed on the wishlist