Author Topic: Dependency based customization not working  (Read 3927 times)

Tempis

Hi!  I'm new to MusicBee and I'm dipping my toe in the water of adjusting skins.

I decided to use BeeTunes as my base.  So I created a separate xml file in the same directory, and I put in the following code:

Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root dependsOn="BeeTunes.xmlc">

<!-- Highlighted File menu color -->
<element id="InlineMenu.ParentItem.Highlight" bg="120,160,255" fg="White" bdr="120,160,255" />

</root>

The goal here was just to change the highlight color when hovering the mouse over the main pulldown menus.  However, it didn't do anything.

What basic mistake am I making?

p.s.  One thing I noted was that the original line from the BeeTunes source code has the foreground set to white, but the actual text color is black.  Does that mean that I'm editing the wrong line?  Or that it's being controlled in another way?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Even though you are using a skin with colour variables as a base, these variables are not mapped into your new skin.
You need to replace "White" with the RGB equivalent "255,255,255" for it to work.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Tempis

Even though you are using a skin with colour variables as a base, these variables are not mapped into your new skin.
You need to replace "White" with the RGB equivalent "255,255,255" for it to work.

Aha!  Thank you.

Quick followup question - is there a syntax for the dependsOn function that would allow the named xml file to be in a different path (such as a child folder)?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Quick followup question - is there a syntax for the dependsOn function that would allow the named xml file to be in a different path (such as a child folder)?
No.
But you can use the new skin creator tool (search SkinCreator2) to combine your new .xml skin with the old dependant .xmlc skin into a new .xmlc skin that can then be used as a standard skin.
You just need to use a blank skin file that references your new .xml skin
Code
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<root sourceSkin="your new skin name here">
</root>
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together