Author Topic: Android Music Players (Discussion)  (Read 29426 times)

SandaruLJ

I've tried several android players. Black Player Ex and GMMP are the best ones I've come across. I'm currently using GMMP 2.x because it's rating system is fully compatible with MusicBee's. The dev is working on 3.x now and has already released several alpha versions. It supports multiple artists and genres now, which as far as I know, no other android player does. Once it gets all the other features the dev has planned (including the artist image downloader), no other player will be able to top GMMP.
Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:05:17 AM by SandaruLJ

Mauser69

I tried Black Player for about 5 minutes and hated it (but I frankly cannot remember just why).  I like Rocket Player, but I do tend to get a fair number of random freezes and crashes with it when browsing through various long playlists, album lists, etc., but that is on an older Android 4.1 phone - no idea if it is still doing that on a current product. 

Right now I am focused on Pulsar - seems very good, and it presents long playlists sorted and displayed by album, not just a long list of tracks - something that is very important to me.

ma_t14

Currently on BlackPlayer (Ex version) as well. The amount of sheer options and things that are customizable is insane. It kinda reminds me of MusicBee in that regard. I also really like the UI as well but your mileage may vary.

But I'm keeping close tabs on the development of GoneMad which is looking promising.

vanhoivanbinh

I am hoping to have the musicbee android version to sync Rating, playcount, playlist, Popcast; internet Radio to my PC Musicbee
Really hope one day it will come true!!!

tential

I am hoping to have the musicbee android version to sync Rating, playcount, playlist, Popcast; internet Radio to my PC Musicbee
Really hope one day it will come true!!!

So far MediaMonkey supports this feature.
Itunes + Rocket Player also supports it.

I just don't think it's a huge feature that most people care about.  I searched long and wide for it.  I'm currently using Rocket Player + Itunes, I'll switch to MM by the end of year, but I've been checking back on MusicBee too.  I hope they do release an android version with cross sync.

I'm reading the release/description of MusicBee and it does support 2 way syncing.  It's supposed to work with ipods?  Has anyone ever tried?
It also says it can work depending on the player used.

So maybe try MusicBee + Rocket Player and see if it works?

Anyone willing to try it?

Varick

I've tried several android players. Black Player Ex and GMMP are the best ones I've come across. I'm currently using GMMP 2.x because it's rating system is fully compatible with MusicBee's. The dev is working on 3.x now and has already released several alpha versions. It supports multiple artists and genres now, which as far as I know, no other android player does. Once it gets all the other features the dev has planned (including the artist image downloader), no other player will be able to top GMMP.

So, with GMMP, I can rate a song on my Android and when I sync up to my computer via MB I will see that rating pop up on that song in MB? 

Does anyone know if GMMP allows someone to move a song into a particular playlist on an Android and then when syncing up to MB, that song will be in said playlist?

V

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Y'all might want to take a look at this discussion: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26619.0
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hentrop

I recently got an Android phone (switched from iPhone), so I've been trying out LOTS of music player apps over the past few days.

The one I ended up going with is Onkyo HF Player. It has a nice interface and lots of features that many other apps lack. One key feature is an "infinite-band" EQ: you can set as many EQ points as you want, at whatever frequency you want. This allows for a great level of customization, and you can equalize out imperfections in sound systems that normal equalizers can't. I didn't find this feature in any other music app. I also like that lots of features are easily-accessible from the main playback screen: lyrics, song info, EQ setting, volume level, app settings, and more. I highly recommend this music player app.

Some other good apps I found were:
- GMMP (GoneMad Music Player): very customizable and overall pretty good. However, some features are a bit of a pain to navigate to (Playlists, EQ, and lyrics), and it costs $5 (there's no free version, other than a 14-day trial)
- Pi Music Player: has a nice interface, but lack some features I want (lyrics display, and only has a 5-band EQ). If you don't need advanced features, this might be a good free player for you.
- MediaMonkey: same notes as for Pi Music Player, except that MediaMonkey is more customizable than Pi.
- Rocket Player: this one is pretty good, but the free version has lots of intrusive ads, and it's $3.49 for the paid version.
- Samsung Music: this is quite a good music app -- probably one of the better free ones. The interface is clean and it has most of the usual features you'd expect. No ads. The only reason I didn't choose it is because I like Onkyo HF Player more.

Other apps I tried, but didn't like for various reasons are: Blackplayer, DoubleTwist, foobar2000, Music Center (Sony), Music Player (I tried 3 different apps with this same name), Musicolet, Muzeex, Neutron, Poweramp, Pulsar, Shuttle, Stellio, and VLC.
Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 01:38:32 AM by hentrop