Author Topic: Ability to CAST entire "Now Playing" window to Chromecast or DNLA devices ???  (Read 2364 times)

MTOakey

• Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
Greetings, and THANK YOU for this wonderful App !!!
No, my Library is not as big as some peoples'... only about 125,000 titles, ALL mp3 320k or better, ALL fully tagged...
My desire or "Wishlist Request" would be for some way, INTERNAL of Musicbee, to put the entire window of "Now Playing" on my Network connected DNLA LED Flatscreen TV.
     A plugin for "Chromecast" is unlikely since Google has no desire to support the feature on Windows Apps.

But, I am wondering if it may be easier to make the window convert to a "web page" - open in Chrome Browser... then Casting is no problem, as, many devices can be cast to - Platform independent, OS independent and Application Independent. I believe it is called "video hook" in programming... since Streaming is already built-in Musicbee, a micro web server for the window stream data should be easy to write... but I'm not a programmer...
     Just trying to be thinking outside the box... but NOT outside the App.
A plugin would be wonderful, but using another App to accomplish this feat is counterproductive to Musicbee, and would actually take away from it's wonderfulness. I already have to use Subsonic to listen to my Library when I'm away from home, and that needs a dynamic DNS service provider {free} but just the fact that I can not use Musicbee for this simple task also... just perturbs me...
On that note, it would be nice if Musicbee Remote actually was. More of a "remote player" instead of just a "remote control"... if it could accomplish what Subsonic does for Remote access and playing, listing, sorting and searching - just the music part, that would be absolute HEAVEN !!!