Author Topic: Ctrl+E in "mini player" gone?  (Read 898 times)

loner

When using "Mini Player" mode:

Before MusicBee 3.0 released, I used to be able to single-click on the mini-player (to bring MusicBee in focus), press Ctrl+E and this would bring up the tag editor for currently playing track, which was very convenient since I edit tags frequently.

After the release of 3.0 this feature was for some reason gone. The way I have to do it now is open the track list in the bottom-right corner and only then Ctrl+E.

It's a minor inconvenience (it's an extra click that also requires precision), but I'm faced with it very often, which makes it not-so-minor. Hoping this feature is restored.

Alternatively (or in addition to this), a hotkey like "Edit Tags: Current Track" would also help. Right now there's only a hotkey to edit selected track(s), but that requires you to manually select what you want to edit.

Thank you for your consideration and fantastic work on Musicbee. :)

EDIT: The hotkey I'm talking about is "Edit: Edit tags". I refer to it as "Ctrl+E" in this post but I don't remember if that's a default binding or if it's something I changed it to years ago. If you're confused - just replace "Ctrl+E" with whatever the default hotkey for "Edit Tag" is.
Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 06:41:56 PM by loner