Author Topic: How to group (instrument) performers by instrument in track details?  (Read 1635 times)

hiccup

When 'Artists: Performer' is populated, you can have something like this displaying:

What I would prefer in this case, is have the performers grouped per instrument like this:

drums: Bernard "Pretty" Purdie
background vocals: Clydie King, Vanetta Fields, Sherlie Matthews
guitar: Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour
electric piano: Victor Feldman

etc.

I'm pretty sure I once saw a screenshot from somebody having it like this, but I can't figure out how to achieve it?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Looking for this as well. I imagine one would use the parenthesis to differentiate the tag data, but I don't have any idea how the values for the artists could then be combined by instrument.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

hiccup

Ah, I found the screenshot:

(I just added the green circles to the matter of interest here)

It is from a thread dated more then 3 years ago.
So could it be that in old MB versions that was the default display for instrumentalists, and that has been changed due to changes in handling of artist/performers?
Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:37:34 PM by hiccup

Steven

• Administrator
There never has been such functionality in MB ie. i expect its a custom tag hand-edited by the user.
Feel free to add it to the wishlist

hiccup

There never has been such functionality in MB ie. i expect its a custom tag hand-edited by the user.
Feel free to add it to the wishlist

Thanks, I will do that.
I am getting headaches already just thinking about how to accomplish this with (virtual) tagging or regex formulas.