Author Topic: How to make modifications to Compact Player  (Read 3176 times)

flowerlandfilms

There are a few things I would like to change in my Compact Player but I am not sure how.
I was on version 2 before today and all of these things were previously allowed.

First - I would like the song now playing in the bottom left to also have the extension listed,
so it reads
[song title]
[artist]
[album]
[extension]

Second - I would like the right side panel showing the playlist to be longer, i realise it scales with height of the window,
but I am on an Ultrawide 21:9 monitor and I can't make the window very tall, ideally I would like the track list to extend
all the way down to the progress bar.

Third - I can't seem to change the font colour from white.

If anybody could help me with these issues I would be most appreciative.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I think you'll find that 'Redwing' is the aurhor of Compact Mode and not been on forum for a few weeks, but is normally very helpful and obliging and worth the wait for his return!

You can always tinker with any other Theatre Mode designs by changing the XLM files, but always polite to get permission from author...

Have fun :D
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:08:43 PM by Fred Barker DIVERSITY

flowerlandfilms

...thanks Fred!...
...i'll poke around with that until he returns...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No, compact mode is built in, but redwing has made some theater mode views that can be used with it.  That doesn't solve the question, though.  I'll look at it when I get back to my computer.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you looked in the menu at the top left when compact player is displayed.  You want the "customize panel" command at the bottom of the menu.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

flowerlandfilms

This menu does allow me to alter parameters for the right panel, but not for the player panel, i.e. can not add file extension parameter to player panel.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
There are a few things I would like to change in my Compact Player but I am not sure how.
I was on version 2 before today and all of these things were previously allowed.

First - I would like the song now playing in the bottom left to also have the extension listed,
so it reads
[song title]
[artist]
[album]
[extension]
With the changes to 3.0, to restrict the height of the track information panel, Steven set it to
<Title>
<Artist>
<Album [Year]>
only.

Second - I would like the right side panel showing the playlist to be longer, i realise it scales with height of the window,
but I am on an Ultrawide 21:9 monitor and I can't make the window very tall, ideally I would like the track list to extend
all the way down to the progress bar.
The playlist is set between the top of the panel to the top of the track info panel when not in 'Draw Controls on Picture' mode.  Otherwise it is between the top of the panel and the top of the artwork, with a one track offset top and bottom.

Third - I can't seem to change the font colour from white.
When in 'Draw Controls on Picture' mode, the font is always white (with shadow) for best contrast against the picture backgrounds.

Steven is currently making some changes for the 3.2 beta release, so now would be a good time to post anything you would like to see changed for the compact player, over at the Wishlist sub-forum.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together