Author Topic: Embedding artwork into single FLAC file breaks the tags  (Read 3809 times)

Steven

• Administrator
can you PM me a link with one of the problem files along with any associated files, such as cuesheet, artwork etc

BRAINS

can you PM me a link with one of the problem files along with any associated files, such as cuesheet, artwork etc
Hi Steven yes I can. The thing is though the problem doesn't occur until I right click on the album > search internet for picture > choose and save it. That breaks the album making it only one random track and I can't edit it after that. The only fix is what you suggested. Remove it from the library and add it again.

Steven

• Administrator
I am not able to reproduce any issues using the cuesheet provided and following the instructions provided.
If you havent already updated to v3.2, i suggest you do so. I wont spend any more time on this

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

BRAINS

I am not able to reproduce any issues using the cuesheet provided and following the instructions provided.
If you havent already updated to v3.2, i suggest you do so. I wont spend any more time on this

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_2/MusicBee32_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files
I don't know what you did but I just updated and it all works again! Thank you so much! I never had this problem in the past with MusicBee 2.x. Since I got a new computer last year and fresh installed MB 3.x and on, embedding artwork into a single flac would break the album. Maybe it was my own settings that conflicted with new code? Also being able to modify the date added to library on a single flac works too! It no longer hangs forever.

Just some things I observed incase you need to troubleshoot anything like this in the future.

Embedding artwork in a single flac updates the accessed date of the .flac file in windows explorer but nothing else
Modifying the date added to library updates the modified date of the .cue file in windows explorer but nothing else
MusicBee no longer shows date modified for single flac files

I always have preserve modification dates on settings. If I change the genre tag or say, correct a spelling error of a single flac album inside MusicBee, the actual .cue file does not update. That's fine with me and I assume it's because I preserve the dates. Maybe though this is why the single flac albums broke before the update?