Author Topic: Embedding artwork into single FLAC file breaks the tags  (Read 3801 times)

BRAINS

I don't know what I did? I listened to the first two tracks no problem and while track 3 was starting I was changing the rating on track 2. Then all the of the tracks renamed themselves to the artist name. I did a file rescan, but now it's "unknown album", the only track is the artists name, 1 song in the play queue, no ratings, only one song plays... It's a single FLAC with a cue file. I have never seen this problem before..? I thought it was a bug because I was using a beta version, but I updated and the album is still broken.
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:41:01 AM by BRAINS

BRAINS

Ok something is now happening with another album. I changed the rating one on track, it completely disappeared on the first. I am now listening to the third song, but the second song is showing the little volume icon as if it were playing. What is going on?

BRAINS

Steven

• Administrator
i use cuesheets a lot myself and not seen this issue. Is the cuesheet embeded or an external file.
In either case it sounds like MB is losing the linkage with the cuesheet.
If its external, perhaps the flac file or the cuesheet has been renamed to something else where the names are no longer consistent. Also check inside the cuesheet itself that the file referenced is the correct name.
If its internal, check with the tag inspector that you can still see a the CUESHEET tag.
But in any case i dont think i would be able to help unless you can establish a clear set of steps to reproduce the issue. Saying its because of changing the rating doesnt sound a plausible reason and something i do myself often.

BRAINS

Hi I checked the external cuesheets but nothing has changed. The modification date of the cue in windows explorer has not changed. The flac file has also not changed. I never had this problem before last night.

edit * Yeah it has to do with the ratings. The album is fine until I change the rating of any track. Then it completely breaks it.

Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:46:24 AM by BRAINS

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) and describe how you rate the track eg. click in the main panel.
Also can you confirm you dont have the Tagging Tools plugin active and set to auto-update fields

BRAINS

Steven

• Administrator
i am not able to reproduce any bugs using your settings and only rating a cuesheet split file. However if you edit the file with the tag editor from the music explorer and also the artwork panel, there is a bug that behaves the way you describe. I will fix that

BRAINS

i am not able to reproduce any bugs using your settings and only rating a cuesheet split file. However if you edit the file with the tag editor from the music explorer and also the artwork panel, there is a bug that behaves the way you describe. I will fix that
That might be it! I embed all my artwork in the file, though these files were modified a long time ago.

Steven

• Administrator
this fixes the editing bug:
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee files

however, for files already affected, if right click/ send to/ rescan doesnt fix it then you would need to remove the files from the library and add them back in again using drag/drop

BRAINS

Thank you for the swift update Steven, but I can't seem to remove the files? I tried rescan first but that did not solve the problem. Then I right clicked the whole album > remove. It says removed 1 file but nothing happened. I refreshed, tried remove 10 times but nothing.

I just had to restart MusicBee to solve that. I rated all my tracks again and no problems so far. Though I did try editing some tags. Editing the play count on 1 track or changing the date added, it will say 'Saving Files' but nothing ever happens. I tried rescan and restarted MusicBee but the tags never update.

New problem just discovered. Editing the play count (even though it never updates), changes the modification date of the cue file in Windows explorer. This never happened before.
Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:08:33 PM by BRAINS

BRAINS

I just noticed that all my single FLAC albums that have been played 20+ times had their play count reset to 1. I don't understand... The last time I updated MusicBee was back in July. Then on September 24 I started having these problems when nothing changed. Also when one track successfully completes, all the tracks on the album get updated play counts. This did not happen on the previous version.

Sorry to keep harassing you like this Steven but the problems keep coming. I think pictures will explain better than words.

I just rated this track "Bled White" from 5 stars to 2.5 stars in the main panel. It said it updated tags, but it would reset itself back to 5 stars. I restarted MusicBee and I have the same problem as before! Now I have one track for a whole album. On the flip side, I have my accurate play counts back for the other album. I marked those in red. Before I closed MusicBee the play count was all 2.

I wonder if uninstalling and reinstalling MusicBee fresh would fix this problem. I just don't want to lose the play counts that I have.

Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:31:10 AM by BRAINS

BRAINS

I am still having this issue 5 months later  :( I updated to the latest version and refreshed my library. I also tried rating the track again but nothing has changed. If I open the single flac file in VLC or Groove it plays no problem. MusicBee doesn't even play the first track for this particular album. It plays track #7!

BRAINS

Don't want to keep bumping this but I can't figure it out. I have had to go back to foobar for certain albums because rating them breaks them.

BRAINS

I just embedded art into another single FLAC album and it broke. So it for sure has something to do with the art not editing tags or adding ratings. Removing the embedded artwork, file rescan, or even closing MusicBee does not solve the problem. You have to remove the album from your library and add it again.

I would also like to add modifying the "date added" does not update. I wanted to set the date when I originally added the album to my library. All it does it say saving files but never updates.

edit * Changed the thread title to make more sense. All of a sudden my album turned to "unknown album" with one song...
Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 04:01:56 AM by BRAINS