Author Topic: Undo?  (Read 25728 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
Just tried a few things in Mp3tag and realised its undo feature actually doesn't support changes to artwork, which explains why it can offer unlimited undo but still retain a small memory footprint.
Bee excellent to each other...

redwing

Just tried a few things in Mp3tag and realised its undo feature actually doesn't support changes to artwork, which explains why it can offer unlimited undo but still retain a small memory footprint.

When it says unlimited, does that mean unlimited number of changes during one instance of program running from opening and closing down?

Zak

• Global Moderator
I don't actually know if it is unlimited - I was just going by what you said earlier.  :P

I've shutdown my computer so can't check, but I'm sure it doesn't work between application sessions.

redwing

Yeah, I was just wondering if it records every tag changes done by the app somewhere. Can't be, right? Has to be during each session.

<Edit>
But then, this is not a good choice. If you close down the app, there's no way to go back even if that's the last change you made. Regardless of the maximum supported number of tag changes, MB should support, if this gets implemented, undoing changes done during previous sessions.
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 10:18:10 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
if i was to do this extra RAM memory being used wouldnt be a problem as it would cache the changes to disc.
I know this is a very popular request as it has been asked before but the reason it hasnt been implemented is i felt it would be quite a bit of effort to implement and test. I will probably do this time around though.
Perhaps only 1 undo for the most recent edit action only would suffice? - that would keep the UI simple

redwing

That'be wonderful!

What about artwork? For one undo, can it support undoing full artwork regardless of track numbers, or what?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I will probably do this time around though.
Perhaps only 1 undo for the most recent edit action only would suffice? - that would keep the UI simple

Great news, thanks!  I would really like it if Undo could include any playlist changes and soft deletes, but if that's too complicated I'll survive.  I haven't felt the need for undo very often, but usually it was over something like that.

Edit: Now that I think about it, accidentally loving/banning groups of tracks has been an issue for me.  I once accidentally banned my entire library and had to go through fixing it track by track.
Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:11:45 PM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

I once accidentally banned my entire library and had to go through fixing it track by track.

What? You can adjust them with a single click from main panel. Add the field to main panel, select files, click for love, shift-click for ban over the icon.

Zak

• Global Moderator
I once accidentally banned my entire library and had to go through fixing it track by track.

What? You can adjust them with a single click from main panel. Add the field to main panel, select files, click for love, shift-click for ban over the icon.
Then go through re-banning each of the tracks that were banned in the first place, I guess...

redwing

Sort by the field, select tracks with love(or ban), and a single click deletes the value from all selected tracks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The problem was that I had the field displayed in the main panel and accidentally selected all before I banned the track I was trying to ban (actually, it's coming back to me that it was just everything down to the track I was working on, because MB has a tendency to grab everything from the top down when I shift-click).  Then I had to try to remember which tracks I had loved and which I hadn't.  At least I wasn't connected to last.fm.
Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:58:20 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

redwing

Right, now I got what you meant. Then modified date would be the same too for all files. Can't think of any way to recover that aside from this requested undo feature.

Steven

• Administrator
this has the Tag Undo functionality (Edit/ Undo/ File Tags) - it undoes tag & artwork changes but not rating changes

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_2/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip

redwing

I did some tests with editing title and album field, but it's not working.

Steven

• Administrator
I did some tests with editing title and album field, but it's not working.
i did a lot of testing to make sure it was working, so could you give me a few more details eg. how you did the editing, how you verified it wasnt working?

edit:
trying again using the tag editor then undoing title and album restore as expected. However if the song is playing it doesnt refresh the player control panel - the file is still restored
Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:32:51 AM by Steven