Author Topic: Airplay with iTunes for Windows  (Read 1446 times)

klh

I switched from Mac to PC and overall have been very pleased with the current state of Windows. One of my wishlist items was to get airplay working on my PC.

I downloaded TuneBlade http://www.tuneblade.com/ and checked it out but it didn't really work properly for me, and I didn't feel like paying $10 given the problems I was having. I ended up settling on a free MS app in the MS store, "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" which will broadcast the entire screen along with sounds to my Roku TV, and I've used that as well since my Sonos Beam is connected to my TV, but it's a bit overkill if you just want audio.

I had been reluctant to install iTunes for Windows given the really bad reviews on the MS store site, but I figured I'd give it a shot, and I've had no issues so far. I wanted to use it specifically for syncing with my iPhone, but I noticed after I installed it that it offered the airplay icon, and sure enough, it works great! I can easily send music to my Sonos Beam.

So, if you're looking for a good airplay solution for music playback and are willing to install iTunes and sync it with MusicBee, you'll be all set.

Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 04:39:06 PM by klh