Author Topic: Merge modified albums which are sorted as date added  (Read 4529 times)

haggers

I use album cover view sorted by Date Added/Year. If I have an album, then I rename one file, is there any way that the whole album is re-added as a new entry on scan? I used to have it set up this way and it workd fine, but since updating to 3.1 I seem to have disabled it and I don't know how to re-enable it.

this is an example of what I mean, the artist/album tags are identical and it's in the same directory, and they were all together as one album before - all I did was rename one file so they've split up. I'd like it so they're all automatically put together on re-scan. Thank you.

phred

• Global Moderator
In the Properties tab of the Tag Editor, check the 'date added' field on the newly edited track and compare it with the other tracks. You can then change the 'new' track's date to match the old.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

haggers

In the Properties tab of the Tag Editor, check the 'date added' field on the newly edited track and compare it with the other tracks. You can then change the 'new' track's date to match the old.
Thank you - that's a solution that would work, but I was hoping for a way of the 'scan folders' system finding these edited files then re-adding the whole album automatically if one or multiple of the files is renamed.
I know for sure this was in the program because I've had it this way for years but all of a sudden it's stopped working. Oh well.

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like date added functionality was accidentally changed.
Given its already released, I have added a new field: Date Added [Album]
so you can use that for sorting

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

haggers

Brilliant! That works perfectly. Thank you ever so much Steven.

edit- Minor nag would be that it seemingly doesn't then bump it to the top of the list on date added, instead merging it to the previous entry. But this works far better than before, regardless. Thanks again, I love this player.
Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 10:08:49 PM by haggers

prukamwiecchybazyje

Hi,

I got the same problem, but I sort files by Last Played (desc.) :-)

Musicbee now sorts the view by songs played, it used to sort by albums played. Could you please add a "last played [album]"?

Steven

• Administrator

noorhassan

it looks like date added functionality was accidentally changed.

Are there any plans to revert the date added field's functionality to its original behavior in future releases? That would be ideal!

Steven

• Administrator
Are there any plans to revert the date added field's functionality to its original behavior in future releases? That would be ideal!
no - its now a new field called "Date Added (Album)" and is available in the patch version above

noorhassan

no - its now a new field called "Date Added (Album)" and is available in the patch version above

Got it. Thank you so much. Much appreciated!

noctulescent

Brilliant! That works perfectly. Thank you ever so much Steven.

edit- Minor nag would be that it seemingly doesn't then bump it to the top of the list on date added, instead merging it to the previous entry. But this works far better than before, regardless. Thanks again, I love this player.

This was how I sorted my library, will this option be brought back ?