Author Topic: InternalCache in Roaming Profile  (Read 1591 times)

eazrael

Hi,

I use a Windows Roaming Profile to copy over my user data to the server. My InternalCache contains 3GB in 20k+ files which makes synchronizing the profile quite long.

IMHO the InternalCache should be located in AppData/Local and not AppData Roaming as this data is non-essential and can be regenerated when needed.

Any chance to get a data separation here? I know it's an individual problem :(

SimonG

I have also noticed that the roaming cache is large (2.9GB and >9k files). Most of this (2GB) is "ArtistBackdrops". I'm assuming that these could be safely deleted and would just re-load as necessary.
As I only use the desktop (windows) vesrion of MB (build 3.1.6388) is there anyway that this could be made into a self clearing cache that downloads the backdrops during each session and then deletes them when the session is closed?

Steven

• Administrator
yes i agree that data should be stored in the local area for standard (non-portable) installs, so i have changed it. The folder will be automatically moved over
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

for the artist picture caching, its needed so that musicbee users dont put too much bandwidth strain on the artwork providers. In v3.1 the artist picture cache is capped at 500MB

eazrael

Wow, that was fast. And thanks for the patch  :)
Cache was moved to AppData/Local.

Personally I have no problem with an unlimited cache to save everybody's bandwidth.

theta_wave

Whew, good thing I caught this thread.  Time to update my symlink to the internal cache directory.

frankz

Whew, good thing I caught this thread.  Time to update my symlink to the internal cache directory.
Did mine this morning! ;D