Author Topic: Specify a custom image for "No Album Art" image?  (Read 1589 times)

sveakul

I was wondering if there is a way to change the default "No Album Art" halftone to a default user-specified image, either via an image file path or a Base64 image insertion in the skin or other MB file that would then be used in all such cases?  Thanks if you can help!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can do it yourself in the skin if it's an .xml file.  If it's .xmlc you'll need to contact the skin creator.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

Actually, nowadays that is possible to do for xmlc skins also.

You can create an xml file, only containing the element(s) you want changed from an existing xmlc skin.
Reference the name of that source skin in the xml file, make the required changes, rename the xml file to your liking, and copy it to the skin folder containing the source xmlc file.
You can then select that new skin file in MusicBee.

Here is the download for an example using the default MusicBee3 skin as a source, only changing the 'no albumart' image.
Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:34:57 AM by hiccup

sveakul

Thanks Hiccup for the sample file and details, this worked GREAT, and since the "Dark Fine-Tuned" skin xml's already point to a root skin I was able to modify my favorite without a new selection being created in the drop-down menu.

I'll try to draw this together for "Tips & Tricks" later based on what I've learned, like what needs to be deleted from the base64 lead-in after conversion and that the image apparently will not be adjusted to its original aspect ratio so best to start with one already sized to fit the "No Album Art" field.

Appreciated this a lot, thank you again!

hiccup

I'll try to draw this together for "Tips & Tricks" later based on what I've learned

That's a nice idea. I'm sure that could be useful for many users that would like to only change some elements or colours in their favorite skin.