Author Topic: iTunes Naming Template  (Read 3387 times)

awh11

I came from iTunes originally, before landing on MusicBee. I had iTunes manage my media file/folder organization, and when I got MusicBee, I wanted it to organize my music but not reinvent the "iTunes wheel" so to speak. I imagine some others will experience the same, so I just wanted to post what I came up with in case it's needed by someone. So here's the iTunes-esque naming template:

$If(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",Compilations,<Album Artist>)\<Album>\$IsNull(<Disc Count>,,$If(<Disc Count>=1,,<Disc#>-))<Track> <Title>

Also make sure to set all Filename character mappings to underscore, except for Space (just leave as a space).

The only files/folders that will still need to be renamed are ones that end in an invalid character, as iTunes' behavior was to add the underscore at the end, whereas MusicBee will just skip the character, close the name and move onto the next item.

For those who are very familiar with iTunes, feel free to check my work  :P, It's been working for me though. Hope this helps!

mogpt

This was helpful for me, thank you!

I needed to change <Track> to <Track#> to get it to work for me. I also added a function to exclude track numbers if they are not specified.

$If(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",Compilations,<Album Artist>)\<Album>\$IsNull(<Disc Count>,,$If(<Disc Count>=1,,<Disc#>-))$IsNull(<Track#>,,<Track#>) <Title>