Author Topic: THE SOURCE FILE FOR TRACK 'song' COULD NOT BE FOUND after 3.1 update  (Read 3606 times)

Turboroybal

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • ROCK AND ROLL OVER!
I've just updated to the 3.1 version and when I try and play a song from my library I get "The Source File For Track 'the song' Could Not Be Found" When I try and play another song I get the same error but it is still stuck on the initial song I tried to play. In other words I try and play song A and I get  "The Source File For Track 'song A' Could Not Be Found" so I try and play song B and I still get "The Source File For Track 'song A' Could Not Be Found"   Did I install the update wrong? HELP! I need my Musicbee tonight!
Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:40:00 AM by Turboroybal

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34422
how do you invoke playback eg. right click/ play now?
and can you PM me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings)

edit:
are the files on a Network share mapped to a drive letter?
if so, can you confirm you are happy to run a debug version and let me know what the drive letter is
Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 06:56:51 AM by Steven

feefann

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I'm having the same trouble: updated to the new version and whatever track was playing last, that's the track that can't be found. When I try to right-click & play or press the play button, it just tells me that that track's source file can't be found. I usually only get that if I've just imported the song from iTunes, and in that case I simply right-click, edit, get the "locate this track", and manually locate it. But this time right-click & edit brings me to the file's info just fine, no prompt to locate.

My files are on the same hard drive as the program, drive C:.

Thanks!

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34422
using your settings i am not able to reproduce this issue. Are you sure iTunes is not moving the file because of its own file re-organisation ie. iTunes is moving the file after you import to musicbee?
I think you are saying after you locate the track it works fine for that track from that point onwards?
In v3.1, edit doesnt attempt to relocate a missing track automatically.

I did find one bug with your settings but that relates to to the "Now Playing" panel so unless you are viewing that then i dont see how it would be related.

feefann

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
I had unticked the 'Keep iTunes Media Folder organized' so it shouldn't be moving things around, unless there's another setting that I missed.
I did try using another part of Musicbee just to see if it would work, and clicked on 'Recommendations' under 'Services'. I got this error:
MusicBee v3.1.6466.36486 (Win6.3), 20 Sep 2017 8:32:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MusicBeeXBox, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'MusicBeeXBox, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qngPYO_UZILIi90zu82PihpqAUX3rzSq4T0NM1jV2J1M=.#=qfLa8lHZLMIUjbiSkigfwZR_kilc5WloabZCoJVRcOSg=._Lambda$__2()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34422
Someone else had the same problem. Your security software has probably removed MusicBeeXBox.dll and it needs to be restored.
Its possible thats also the reason for your original reported issue

feefann

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 4
Thanks! That was it! I disabled my security software, installed the new version of Musicbee, and played a track - worked like a charm. Thanks again!