Author Topic: MusicBee living up to it's name  (Read 3348 times)

soundbuoy

When this media player was first recommended to me by WebUser I was initially ecstatic with it's style and reliability .
I thought '' at last a media player that shows off my collection and informs me about the artist/s and presents nice pictures whilst I listen ''
Sadly it is now a rather bitter / sweet experience .
Since the latest version I now get incorrect artist pictures / lyrics [ when it actually decides to find any ]
Riddle me this how can I get pix / lyrics and info for Current 93 yet none for Cilla Black ?
Ok I did get some pics and a bio ...
Then I discovered it was changing back tagged album art and mixing art from one artist to another .
As I have mentioned to another user , this situation makes me loath to make a donation .
As the title of this post suggests MusicBee keeps you busy busy [ like a bee ]

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you want help solving these problems, you're going to have to give us some details about exactly what's happening and what settings you're using.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

soundbuoy

Thanks for taking an interest
I'm sorry , but I'm not tech minded , so don't really know what info you need .
Sometimes by re-tagging I get better results , but it still seems contrary regarding images and lyrics .
A case in mind [ I was listening to The Living Daylights score - John barry and others and noticed " Where has everbody gone " was incorecctly tagged as by John Barry , so I corrected it and although I got The Pretenders pic it STILL showed lyrics to " I go to sleep " which was incorrect when it first appeared while playing a track from Learning To Crawl .
How can you access lyrics and pics to rectify ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That just sounds like normal tagging challenges.  There's no such thing as perfect auto-tagging.  The Living Daylights was probably assigned John Barry because he's the album artist (I would check what source that came from).  Searches for lyrics and album art can only use the tags available.  Lyrics notoriously get poor results; I suggest trying MiniLyrics with the MiniLyrics plugin.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

soundbuoy

Thanks for your continued interest , I have not had a lot of luck with plugins
i'll give it a try