Author Topic: save current playlist as a file  (Read 3142 times)

Nihilismus

Hi there, was wondering if there is an option to save the songs I put into the "Playing Tracks" sidebar as a m3u file or something

andrew

1.open a new and empty playlist

2. click top song > hold shift button > click bottom song

3. drag selected songs to the empty playlist

4. right click playlist and export.

Nihilismus

Now that's a hassle, would be a lot easier if I could just hit control + s. This makes replacing playlist a lot harder than it should be.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can also select all in Playing Tracks, then right click and choose Add to Playlist > External Playlist.

Edit: corrected because I had it wrong at first.

I don't think External Playlist will be automatically added t your library (unless you're saving it in a monitored folder), but you can always do the same thing a second time, choosing New Playlist
Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:33:37 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Nihilismus

Is it to late to suggest changes? Because it would really help if there was a easier way to make playlists. I can control+a and send all to a new playlist, but I like to create one for every month and then replace it everytime

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can always make a wishlist request.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

You can also setup musicbee so it exports all playlists inside of MB as m3u files to an additional location of your choosing...
In my book that's better & easier than ctrl+s plus typing name every time...  :D

c.

andrew

Now that's a hassle, would be a lot easier if I could just hit control + s. This makes replacing playlist a lot harder than it should be.

whole process takes about 20 seconds mate.