Author Topic: Problems After a While Away  (Read 1387 times)

Pingaware

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1111
Just started looking at my library again after a prolonged break. One of my old filters is including some things which it used not to after updating to the newest version.

Specifically, the rule "Genre is Various Genres AND Genres (V) does not contain ";"", where Genres (V) is a virtual tag that just allows use of the Genres tag in sorting rules. Can anyone tell me why this no longer works and how I can fix it?

Additionally, I used to (ab)use the Original Year tag by including the word Unreleased after the year when the track was not released until it's publication on that (usually) compilation. Since Original Year was included in MB's standard tags, I can no longer add Unreleased as the field is defined as a date not a string. I think there used to be a back way, buried somewhere in the settings file, to modify the included tags to define the fields to something other than the default. Is this possible?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34416
does the "Genres (V)" virtual tag parse ok when you edit the formula or does the filter work if you just use "Genres"

Pingaware

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 1111
The virtual tag parses fine when deleted and typed in again. I can't add the built-in Genres tag to the filter - it doesn't appear in the selectable fields (which I think is why I have this virtual tag in the first place).
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34416
ok, i confirm the behaviour. Its because MB splits virtual tag text with ";" into separate values. It doesnt do that for the <Genres> field but thats more by oversight as its not consistent with other tags such as <Artists>.
I do agree virtual tags didnt used to be split but its been that way for some time now so i dont want to change it now.
If there isnt some other way to achieve what you want then let me know eg. a $SplitCount() function could be created.
Try $First(<Genres (V)>) not equal <Genres (V)>

edit:
actually it looks like i only did the change for virtual tags v3.1, and i am not sure it was actually because anyone who raised the issue. So i think i am ok to change it back before the final release. I will post a link later

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:13:40 PM by Steven