Author Topic: How do I delete all content in MusicBee and start over  (Read 7457 times)

Nisko

All my tune files are on a separate disk than my OS (Windows 10).  They were created using iTunes.  I originally imported them into MusicBee and, surprisingly, the playlists were re-established in MusicBee with the Import.  I have screwed something up and would like to start all over with MusicBee and maintain my playlists.  Please tell me how to do this.  Thank you.

andrew

you can save your playlists by exporting them as .m3u in music bee.  right click on a playlist and click export and save the m3u somewhere safe.

you can then wipe your music bee data then import the m3u files back in later

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Either select all tracks and press Delete, or close MusicBee and delete the .mbl file and any .bak files in the same folder.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Nisko

Should the patch be expanded in the C:\Program Files\Musicbee folder?

Steven

• Administrator
yes, you should unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

Nisko

Thanks.  Also, when I first populated Musicbee, I used the same folder that I was using for iTunes.  I just imported it and all the playlists came through.  I was surprised - but isn't this an easier way to set up my playlists in Musicbee?  I also highlighted all 6,000 tunes in Musicbee and hit delete.  However, they are still there.. Perhaps I used the wrong 'window' in Musicbee?  I just want to start fresh with Musicbee.  Thank you in advance.