Author Topic: Shuffle Entire Playlist and Make it Play in Now Playing  (Read 5277 times)

Plushieluver101

Hiya! I have no idea how to explain :P I'm probably being entirely stupid here. Basically, I just need some help with figuring out how to get an entire playlist into Now Playing, rather than just an album of said playlist. How do I do that? I listen to playlists at a time that are comprised of albums that are only a few songs long, so I have to manually change the album each time. How do I get MusicBee to play entire playlists or can't it?

Hopefully I made sense and this is in the right section.

Thank you!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you tried right click > play shuffled?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Plushieluver101

Yeah, it, sadly shuffles all of my playlists, rather than the selected one.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That sounds like a bug, although you might check your settings in Now Playing to make sure you're using "clear list and play now" or something like that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Plushieluver101

Yep, that's ticked :( To clarify. I used the wrong terms :P I want it to play just the selected playlist, for example the one that says Video Game Music but it plays my Video Game Music playlist, my Pop playlist and my Instrumental playlist. I only want it to play the selected playlist, not the entirety of the library. Does that make sense? :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I understand.  That should be what happens happen when you right click the playlist.  Can you walk us through with screenshots? What happens if you clear the now playing list, then use the play shuffled command?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Plushieluver101

Hiya! I would but I opened MusicBee today and all my music has disappeared, for some reason. I think something's conked in my settings. How do I reset MusicBee to default? I can't find that anywhere. Thank you! :)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Huh.  To really reset your settings, get rid of the contents of your appdata folder and your library folder. See this page for specifics: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore

MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boundless84

Not sure if this is still an issue for you, but I was having the same problem. I was able to correct it by:

1) In the "Now Playing" preferences, selecting the "clear list and play selected tracks only" under the 'Play Now' action
2) Initially I had my playlists in a playlist folder. I had to remove them from the folder and have them just within the Playlist list, not in a folder.

It seems to work fine for me now!