Author Topic: [Solved] Country-Tag?  (Read 3945 times)

annomatik

Hi!

I have added a COUNTRY tag in Mp3Tag and I can also see it in MusicBee in the Tag Explorer (Edit Screen).

But...

1) How do I use that tag in Music Bee, for example for creating a playlist that only contains Salsa (Genre) from Cuba (Country)? And
2) how do I add that tag to the displayed columns?

thanks!
Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:52:12 PM by annomatik

theta_wave

Use custom tags: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Tags

Note the wiki is pretty barebones, so here are the steps to create a custom tag in Musicbee containing specific tag information.

1. Create a custom tag for COUNTRY under CTRL+O (preferences) > Tags (1) > Define New Tags

2. Identifier: Name of your custom tag, here "COUNTRY"

3. The rest of the columns on the right correspond how "COUNTRY" is presented in other tag formats.  Use Tag Inspector and paste what's in the "Tag Code" column corresponding to the value you wish to add to Musicbee's database.

4. Press "Save" and head back the Tags (1) menu.

5.  Under "custom tags", write what you want to call your custom tag under "display name," say "MY_FIRST_CUSTOM_TAG" as an example

6.  Under "save to music file as tag," pick the custom tag you just made earlier, here "COUNTRY".

7. Press apply and save.  Now Musicbee will rescan your library for the data in the fields you specified in step 3.

Now, you can bring up your country when choosing "MY_FIRST_CUSTOM_TAG" under the list of available tags or for use in Musicbee functions.  I used "MY_FIRST_CUSTOM_TAG" as an illustrative example.  Feel free to name it whatever you like.
Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 10:01:47 PM by theta_wave

annomatik

Hey, cool, thanks! It's currently scanning, looking good...

annomatik

Well, it 'almost' works :-) The synchronization worked, the Column is displayed and everything. Now, I tried adding the COUNTRY tag to some files. In the edit screen, I can't find the tag so I added it via the Tag Inspector.

Now, it's visible in the Tag Inspector, but it doesn't show up in the Column.

annomatik

Ok, so I found the Tag in Tags (2) of the Edit screen. If I edit it there, the Column is displayed correctly. If I add the tag in the Tag Inspector though, the Column apparently is not updated.

theta_wave

Ok, so I found the Tag in Tags (2) of the Edit screen. If I edit it there, the Column is displayed correctly. If I add the tag in the Tag Inspector though, the Column apparently is not updated.
I don't really use tag inspector to edit tags.  I tried removing a tag once in tag inspector and it cleared out all the others including the one I wanted to remove, so I just use tag inspector as a tool to determine how Musicbee is viewing all of the tags within the file.

As to your current issue, I'd guess that you selected "Save to MusicBee database only" rather than point to your defined tag.   See below for my setup.

For my custom tag of "grouping / country," tag inspector saw it as "COMM/Songs-DB_Custom1" for mp3s and CUSTOM1 for FLACs, etc and that's what I used (in the right window below).

Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:10:05 PM by theta_wave

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Have a look with the Tag Inspector, at one of the files you tagged in Tags (2) of the Edit screen.
If it's not saved to the TXXX/COUNTRY tag, then you have set them up as 2 different tags.
If it is the same tag, then theta_wave would be correct in that "Save to MusicBee database only" is set.
To fix that, you need to set the "save to" drop down to the correct tag.
If this doesn't trigger a rescan of the library, you will need to use (from the main menu)
Tools> Advanced> Rescan All Files
Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 12:06:43 AM by Bee-liever
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

theta_wave

Thanks for filling in the gaps, Bee-liever.

annomatik

Everything works fine -- thanks, guys!

theta_wave

Everything works fine -- thanks, guys!
Looks great!  It will be helpful that you prepend your subject field in your initial thread post with "[Solved]" like the following thread: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=22718.0

This will be helpful for others who come across your thread title looking for help on a similar issue.