Author Topic: Any Way to Delete a Track from Multiple Playlists at Once?  (Read 2080 times)

frankz

Subject pretty much says it all. I've got songs in multiple curated playlists (catch-all, decade, activity, etc) and I'm looking for a way to delete the track from a bunch of them at once.  

As it is, it seems like I need to find the track I'm sick of in the library, search to find out what playlists it's in, and then go to each playlist and delete it from there.

I'd like to keep it in the library, just delete it from some playlists.  Is this possible?
Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 05:01:06 PM by frankz

phred

• Global Moderator
You can right-click on the track > Search > Locate in Playlist and let it hover a little bit. It will initially show 'no playlists' but depending on how many playlists it has to search through (I have 80+) it may take a 5-10 seconds. That will show you what playlist(s) contain the track.

There isn't a way to remove it all at once other than by deleting the track from you library, which isn't really a viable option.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

Thank you for the reply.  Yes, that's how I've been searching for it (cool feature!). Then I've been trying to remember that list, going to each of those playlists, sorting, finding, deleting.  That's a lot of steps.

Would this be an appropriate "Wishlist" request?  Thinking of entering it over there.

phred

• Global Moderator
Would this be an appropriate "Wishlist" request?  Thinking of entering it over there.
Sure. But understand that Steven's adoption of Wishlist items is based on how popular the request is and how easy/difficult it would be to implement it. And I'm sure there are other criteria involved. You've got nothing to lose by wishlisting it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here