Author Topic: [SOLVED] Lost with double click album cover (Newest version)  (Read 4353 times)

Appie Thrasher

Hi all,

I have started over from scratch and installed latest version 3.1.6454.
I always have had in the old version behaviour of album covers set to: double click open op the album.

Code
Edit> Preferences>Layout(1)>Main Panel: Configure Views > Artwork >When an album picture is double clicked: play album

And uncheck it to open up album details like:

But I really cant seem to find this setting any-more?

Is this gone in new version?

Could some one point me to the place to set this up?

TIA

Appie
Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 05:48:30 PM by Appie Thrasher

Steven

• Administrator
untick "show tracks for the selected album" and then tick "show tracks when an album is double clicked"

Appie Thrasher

untick "show tracks for the selected album" and then tick "show tracks when an album is double clicked"

Steven I am very sorry and feeling like stupid right now, But I really cant seem to find those entries anywhere??
Probably I am overlooking it but please give me a clue were to do it..

I checked the preference file 2 over and  looked at the arrange panel tab but really i am missing it..?
 :-[

TIA

Appie

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Steven I am very sorry and feeling like stupid right now, But I really cant seem to find those entries anywhere??
Probably I am overlooking it but please give me a clue were to do it..

I checked the preference file 2 over and  looked at the arrange panel tab but really i am missing it..?
 :-[

TIA

Appie

Look in the menu at the top left of the main panel and select "customize panel"
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Appie Thrasher

Oke found the settings steven mentioned Thanks psychoadept...

But its still not the way I want it to be  and how I did have it in my old version...

I had it like:
Clik  on an album its expand.... and looking cool  ;)

And double click,show album details

So this isn't possible any more?

TIA

Appie

Steven

• Administrator
I had it like:
Clik  on an album its expand.... and looking cool  ;)

And double click,show album details

So this isn't possible any more?
no, thats no longer supported

Appie Thrasher

no, thats no longer supported

Okay Steven thanks....
Will think of a work around for it... (think its a pity though)

Appie

9cupsoftea

I'm so disappointed to hear that's gone now. It was fundamental to the way I used musicbee. I'm curious why it's gone.

Steven

• Administrator
By default a single click expands the album tracks, so i dont get why anyone would additionally need the ability to double click to acheive the same.
And if you disable showing the tracks on a single click, then the option to double click to show the album tracks is still there

9cupsoftea

By default a single click expands the album tracks, so i dont get why anyone would additionally need the ability to double click to acheive the same.
And if you disable showing the tracks on a single click, then the option to double click to show the album tracks is still there

Well for me personally the single click was really for playing purposes. To open an album and select tracks, or see how far into the album I was . Also just the nicety of seeing the album art more largely in a coloured preview pane.

I used the 'album and artists' view for editing purposes, usually in my inbox, to 'auto tag by album' and such (especially since it sometimes didn't work in the main view). In fact, the reason I just recognised this had been removed was that I couldn't select 'auto tag by album' from the expanded panel view. I've since taken the advice you gave above, removing the expanded panel and instead using double click > album and artists, and it worked.

My preview settings were also very simple, track names, times, and thats it. The album and artists view I had a lot more detail in columns such as bitrate, file location, etc.

Anyway, I just think it was an elegant way to have a good looking simple preview for playing, and an easily-accessed more detailed view for editing.

Edit: Just to add another reason, in this current form where I need to click through each time to check an album's tracks or access things that were previously in the right-click menu (send to, tagging, etc), I'm basically going to have to hit the back button a lot, or use the right click for pretty frequent functionality like playing a specific track within an album. It makes browsing through my albums much clunkier than before, where having the expanded panel for quick playing, browsing, looking at individual tracks was so much more efficient. Especially across a large collection (and with as fickle taste as me!)
Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:02:30 PM by 9cupsoftea

Appie Thrasher

Well for me personally the single click was really for playing purposes. To open an album and select tracks, or see how far into the album I was . Also just the nicety of seeing the album art more largely in a coloured preview pane.

I used the 'album and artists' view for editing purposes, usually in my inbox, to 'auto tag by album' and such (especially since it sometimes didn't work in the main view). In fact, the reason I just recognised this had been removed was that I couldn't select 'auto tag by album' from the expanded panel view. I've since taken the advice you gave above, removing the expanded panel and instead using double click > album and artists, and it worked.

My preview settings were also very simple, track names, times, and thats it. The album and artists view I had a lot more detail in columns such as bitrate, file location, etc.

Exactly what I was doing the elegant way was to show me witch song I want to play.. and the double click was for opening the album with lots more detail about the songs...

And thanks for sending me link with the old version 9cupsoftea

Greetz

Appie